Head of Technical Operations
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
Due to our continued growth and success a great opportunity has arisen for a Head of Technical Operations to join our Manufacturing Operations team based in Reading. In this role you will provide Leadership for the Technical Operations Department, to ensure equipment, facilities and materials are managed compliantly and are available for use as required by the manufacturing project schedules at our Reading site.
Other main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Leadership and development of the Technical Operations Department, comprising Facilities, Equipment and Materials Management teams to deliver best in class systems, procedures and compliance (GMP & H&S).
- Accountability for ensuring all departmental activities are performed in compliance with regulatory guidance and are carried out according to the principles of GMP.
- Ensure that staff members across the Technical Operations teams are appropriately supervised, trained and developed. Provide motivation, coaching, and creative energy to build team culture.
- Ensure GMP equipment and facilities are qualified, calibrated and maintained in compliance to approved procedures, and are available for use as required by manufacturing project plans.
- Ensure GMP materials are received and stored appropriately and are available for use as required by manufacturing project plans.
- Complete quality systems documentation, including authoring SOPs and WIs, completing change control, deviation and CAPA documents. Lead deviation and root cause investigations.
- Support regulatory and customer audits.
- Work collaboratively with other departments.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement activities. Collect and monitor performance metrics to drive improvements.
- Must have a Degree in Chemistry or equivalent qualification
- Knowledge of procedures, processes and systems for a cGMP compliant GMP facility
- Extensive GMP compliance knowledge.
- Extensive manufacturing or engineering experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organisational, planning, problem solving and follow up skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and prioritise effectively
- Excellent attention to detail
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.
If you have any questions or need some support with your application, we’d love to hear from you so contact our friendly team at firstname.lastname@example.org.