Environmental Health & Safety Specialist
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
Due to business growth, an opportunity has arisen for a brand new role of Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Specialist reporting to the Environmental Health & Safety Manager. This role will provide support in the development, implementation, management and monitoring of the EHS systems and procedures.
- To support EHS Manager in providing primary EHS support for Alnwick site
- To be primary contact as and when required to cover for EHS Manager
- Administration of established company EHS management systems (including risk assessment, COSHH risk assessment, incident reporting)
- Co-ordination, conduct and review of EHS risk assessments in conjunction with operational employees and management
- Management of EHS training records
- Development and delivery of EHS group training sessions (tailored to Alnwick site)
- Co-ordination of the review and update of local EHS policies and SOPs
- Management of the respiratory protective equipment (RPE) face fit testing program
- Management of the Workplace Inspection program
- Supervision of routine EHS checks e.g. first aid, emergency alarm testing etc.
- Work alongside the Facilities team to support the Facilities function, as required e.g. supervision of contractors, facility expansion projects etc.
- Able to work in a hazardous environment with the requirement to follow safety procedures
The successful candidate will have previous experience of working in a pharmaceutical environment, laboratory/cleanroom experience is desirable.
Other skills and experience required:
- Must have a relevant professional, Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) qualification
- Previous experience in an Environmental or Health & Safety role
- Educated to at least A Level
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences business are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion. We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusions in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.