Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for two Radiosynthetic Chemists to join the Isotopic Labelling team to work within an expanding team at our Alnwick site.
- Plan and perform syntheses and purifications of various chemical and/or labelled chemical entities within agreed timeframes.
- Maintain Laboratory Notebooks, prepare Analytical Data Sheets and reports.
- Design synthetic routes.
- Prepare cost estimates and client proposals with assistance and in collaboration with BD.
- Liaise with clients to facilitate the award of projects to Isotopic Labelling.
- Capable of acting as Project Manager for small scale syntheses as assigned.
- Manufacture radio and stable isotopically labelled intermediates and API at the milligram to low gram scale.
- Apply the skills highlighted above to the manufacture of non-pharmaceutical materials, impurities, and degradation products at the milligram to low gram scale for labelled compounds.
- Perform in-process analytical testing where relevant and/or ensure that analytical, microbiological (where relevant) and materials science/spectroscopic testing needs are discussed and agreed with the CMC team.
- Contribute to laboratory operations, equipment acquisition and maintenance, contracts, housekeeping, stock control, disposals and liaise with other departments dealing with such matters.
- Ensure, where required, that laboratory work and associated documentation complies with GMP or other regulatory requirements, internal policies/procedures, and client requirements.
- Work with due regard to health & safety of self and others.
- Work flexibly across the site to meet business needs.
The successful candidate will have an excellent record in Synthetic organic chemistry, either at Doctoral level or Graduate with relevant industrial experience.
Other skills and experience required:
- Knowledge and experience of synthetic chemistry covering route selection.
- Full awareness of the current regulatory environment
- A comprehensive understanding of process analytical chemistry, impurity control and/or sufficient analytical skills to conduct in-process testing.
- A good understanding of the factors controlling API physical form.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences business are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion. We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusions in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.