Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
An opportunity has arisen for a Synthetic Chemist to join the Drug Substance team. This is a permanent position reporting to one of the Drug Substance Team Leaders.
Perform and manage chemical syntheses in accordance with regulatory and company procedures. Support scale-up and manufacturing phases of product development including the provision of shift cover as required. Carry out in-process analysis, including sample preparation and interpretation. Use test of critical raw materials and intermediates. Participation in and preparation of HAZOP and risk assessments.
- Perform syntheses and purifications of various chemical entities within agreed timeframes. Maintain Laboratory Notebooks of Batch Synthesis Instructions, prepare Analytical Data Sheets and reports.
- Manufacture API at the tens of grams to tens of kilogram scale. Provide manufacturing shift cover as required.
- Apply the skills highlighted above to the manufacture of non-pharmaceutical materials, impurities and degradation products at the tens of grams to tens of kilogram scale.
- Perform in-process analytical testing where relevant and/or ensure that analytical, microbiological (where relevant) and materials science/spectroscopic testing needs are discussed and agreed with the CMC team.
- Contribute to laboratory operations, equipment acquisition and maintenance, contracts, housekeeping, stock control, disposals and liaise with other departments dealing with such matters.
- Ensure, where required, that laboratory work and associated documentation complies with GMP or other regulatory requirements, internal policies/procedures and client requirements.
- Work with due regard to health &safety of self and others.
- Work flexibly across the site to meet business needs.
The successful candidate will have a good knowledge and experience of synthetic chemistry covering process optimisation to ensure successful and cost-effective scale-up. Awareness of the current regulatory environment, a comprehensive understanding of process analytical chemistry, impurity control and/or sufficient analytical skills to conduct in-process testing and a good understanding of the factors controlling API physical form.
Other skills and experience required:
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good understanding of process safety and hazard operability.
- Proficiency in carrying out kilo-scale chemical processing.
- Either a degree level (or equivalent) qualification in Chemistry or a closely related discipline or a completed apprenticeship as a chemical operator, with minimum of one year’s relevant industrial experience.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences business are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion. We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusions in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.