Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
- Overall responsibility for quality of laboratory processing for assigned duties
- To ensure study data is collected to a high quality in accordance with ICH-GCP, protocol and lab manual
- To ensure subject safety at all times
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provides encouragement, support, positive reinforcement to laboratory technicians
- Oversees sample labelling, processing and shipping duties as required
- Ensures lab set up and cleaning duties are performed on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Processes biological samples as per lab manual when required
- Attends all pre-study meetings, including SIVs and protocol trainings for assigned studies
- Reviews/Approves lab manual prior to the start of a study
- Ensures sample shipments are organized and sent to clients as per the lab manual and study timeline
- Ensures sample shipment checklists and sample manifests are generated and reviewed for all sample shipments
- Performs sample processing checks on all studies to ensure compliance with lab manual and SOPs
- Ensures the QC of laboratory source data and performs QC as necessary
- Works in a safe and responsible manner at all times
- Reviews protocol specimen processing requirements and ensures a sufficient quantity of necessary supplies are available or ordered and delivered prior to study start
- Ensures adequate inventory of lab supplies prior to study start and throughout study conduct
- Reviews/approves specimen labels prior to tube preparation
- Ensures collection tubes and freezer vials are properly labelled and set up prior to scheduled sample collection
- Processes samples and assists with laboratory duties as needed
- Assists with SOP reviews and edits
- Works with Data Entry team to resolve discrepancies/queries noted during lab tracking or monitoring visits
- Assists with training of new laboratory staff and ensures lab staff are fully trained and signed off in the relevant SOP/competency and protocols before working unsupervised or on a study
- Assists in any other duties as assigned
- Laboratory / Sample processing experience essential
- Education or equivalent experience in a science, health or customer related field
- Supervisory experience preferred
The job may involve the following:
- Very high concentration of work
- Strict and tight deadlines
- Having to juggle a range of tasks/issues simultaneously
- Working in a hazardous environment with high requirement to follow safety procedures
- Working outside normal working hours
- Needing to respond to client demands
In return you will receive a competitive salary, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.
If you have any questions or need some support with your application, we’d love to hear from you so contact our friendly team at firstname.lastname@example.org.