Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Microbiologist to join the Drug Product team. This is a permanent position reporting to the Head of Microbiology.
- Plan workload efficiently, working directly with clients or their representatives as required. Ensure agreed timelines are met.
- As requested, develop, validate and apply a range of microbiological methodologies.
- Provide assistance to other team members in the development, validation and application of microbiological methodologies and in the resolution of technical issues.
- Ensure work complies with regulatory requirements and, where appropriate, specific client requirements.
- Prepare and, where appropriate, approve high quality protocols and scientific reports and training documentation.
- Assist in the conduct of client and regulatory audits.
- Perform assigned departmental roles, to include responsible operator, equipment assessment and validation, and ordering of consumables.
- Work with due regard to health and safety of self and others.
- Work flexibly across the site to meet business needs.
The successful candidate will have an established knowledge and experience of pharmaceutical microbiology, awareness of the current GMP regulatory guidelines, familiarity with the pharmaceutical development process, good written and oral communication skills and a flexible approach to new work challenges.
Other skills and experience required:
The successful candidate will have BSc (hons), or equivalent, in a relevant scientific discipline.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences business are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion. We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusions in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.