Senior Project Manager
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
Due to business growth, we have a brand new opportunity for a Senior Project Manager, based in Alnwick.
Acting as Senior Project Manager and client point of contact, for integrated projects, working with lead scientists, clients, and senior management as necessary.
Main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Work with site Project Managers to ensure project delivery to scope/budget, schedule and quality as well as ensuring revenue forecasts and recognition at each site
- Ensure all activities are conducted in line with the necessary health & safety, legal, financial, quality and regulatory compliance requirements, in accordance with company and external guidelines
- Ensure adequate recruitment, training and staff development to maintain a highly motivated, skilled and efficient PM group to meet the needs of the business, and to ensure appropriate development and succession planning of the Project Management team
- Provide supervision, mentoring and direction to direct reports, ensuring clear annual objectives for performance to be measured against, and hold regular meetings to review progress
- Ensure currency of all Project Management SOPs and ensure the project management team is trained to perform tasks allocated
- Develop, maintain and publicize monthly metrics
- Drive continuous improvements within project management using lessons learned to deliver operational efficiencies and enhanced compliance standards
- Establish and manage project risk management plan including project specific risks and issues
- Build and maintain strong relationships to ensure first class service provision from the project management group to other members of the Quotient team and Sponsors
- Provide support to business development to support new business opportunities
- Drive process to build repeat business opportunities for customers
- Schedule new work and engage operations to ensure studies are delivered well with optimum utilization of resources
- Implement and manage systems for invoicing, debtor management, change orders, revenue recognition and forecasting accuracy
- Participate in Sponsor and regulatory audits as required
- Manage customer expectations and act as a point of escalation as needed
- Experience with motivating and managing a team
- Proven capability for defining and monitoring relevant metrics and driving improvements to ensure first class operational performance
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook, at a minimum
- Preferable experience of working in a manufacturing environment or equivalent experience in another role
Other skills and and experience required:
Alongside a relevant life sciences degree the successful candidate will have extensive experience in operations and/ or project management within a pharmaceutical or CRO environment. They will have experience and knowledge of working within a GMP regulated environment/ department.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.