Clinical Research Physician
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we help biotech and pharma customers save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients. As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
We have a fantastic opportunity to join our Medical team in Nottingham as a Clinical Research Physician. As the Clinical Research Physician, you will be responsible for the medical aspects of Phase I and IIa clinical trials and will contribute to the successful planning and delivery of studies under the direction of a Principal Investigator. Your work will include the screening and medical supervision of study subjects, review of study protocols and production of safety reports.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking to use their medical training to gain new skills in a challenging commercial environment and who will enjoy working within a multi-skilled team including Nurses, Scientists and Project Managers.
Other tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Confirming eligibility of volunteers before being invited for study specific screening as required.
- Conducting screening to ensure subject eligibility for a specific study, including:
- Taking a full medical history from volunteers
- Performing a full physical examination for each volunteer
- Conducting or assisting clinical staff in the conduct of other study specific screening activities
- Reviewing all information gathered at pre study visit and confirming volunteer’s eligibility to take part in a study by signing the CRF
- Assisting the Senior Research Physician / Principal Investigator with ward duties.
- Working closely with the Principal Investigator to understand the rationale for study design to facilitate the planning and delivery of individual studies.
- Supporting the Principal Investigator in discussions with clients.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures as required.
- On call duty will be required after a period of 6 weeks, which will be shared with the rest of the medical team.
- You will have a full license to practice by the General Medical Council, a minimum of two years of postgraduate clinical experience, which should normally involve direct patient care and experience of prescribing.
- An ALS certificate issued within the last 4 years is desirable but not essential, as certification can be arranged once employed.
- Previous research experience would be an advantage but is not essential, as training will be provided.
- You will be passionate about the development of medicines and keen to develop your career in clinical research. Quotient offers full training and there are excellent career opportunities available.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.