Head of Development
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we help biotech and pharma customers save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients. As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
We have a fantastic career opportunity available for a Head of Development to be based at our site in Reading. The Head of Development will head up a team of 5 formulation scientists at various levels. You will have line management responsibility for the development team to define and manage formulation development and technology transfer of drug products into Quotient Sciences, to help meet the objectives of the company.
This is a client facing role. You will be managing client interaction from initiation of projects to ensure customer satisfaction and delivery with pharmaceutical sciences activities.
You will be responsible and accountable for project delivery up to IMPD submission, where appropriate and provide technical project management oversight on a portfolio of projects including management and mitigation of risk.
The Head of Development will comply and adhere to GXP guidelines and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards as required of this role.
Other tasks and responsibilities include:
- Line management of a team of Senior/Formulation Scientists
- Support the designing, monitoring and update of project Gantt charts
- Escalation point for any technical, quality, and resourcing issues
- Writing, reviewing and approval of development plans, protocols, reports and lab write ups, and client updates
- Coordination and supervision of formulation and process development activities
- Ensuring smooth transition of projects from development to GMP operations
- Responsible for mentoring, training, and developing the team
- Deliver continuous improvement projects
- Participate in global work streams
- Enhance Quotient Sciences scientific reputation through presentation at conferences, publications, and participation in scientific or industry bodies
- Completion / review of LIRs and QIs where appropriate
- Ensure work is compliant with current HSE regulations
The successful candidate will have considerable experience in a CMC product development role or as a study lead with previous line management experience in a Pharmaceutical R&D laboratory environment with Minimum degree/PhD science qualification. Previous experience working to GXP and GMP standards is required.
Inhalation experience is desirable.
Other skills and experience required:
- Confident communicator with the ability to develop strong working relationships both internally and externally
- Ability to work to strict and tight deadlines whilst juggling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Previous experience in a client facing role
- Excellent attention to detail
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.