Purchasing and Inventory Specialist
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we help biotech and pharma customers save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
- Responsible for controlling the Inventory area, processing all purchase orders for the clinical and facilities departments.
- Responsible for ordering, receiving, distributing supplies around the Miami site, Screening Location, maintaining the inventory system, sourcing and ordering goods on behalf of the Clinical and Facilities teams
- Responsible for compliance and adherence to GxP guidelines and regulations as required
Main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Receipt, inventory and stocking of incoming goods, confirming condition upon receipt, and cross checking against purchase order (PO)
- Order stock items and ensure stock items are kept above a minimum quantity, forecast usage to ensure items are never depleted and are always available to departments on demand
- Carry out stock checks in conjunction with Clinical Scheduling Manager and Facilities Manager as required, reviewing stock levels and identifying changes on demand
- Investigate and rectify invoice queries as required by Finance department
- Track outstanding orders with suppliers and feedback as appropriate to end users
- Source and purchase supplies for facilities and clinical operations (including study specific supplies)
- Ensuring all orders are placed and goods received in sufficient time to meet the operational demands of the business
- Processing of purchase orders placed through the Focalpoint system (includes checking and amending order details, consolidating orders where possible, placing and chasing orders with suppliers, liaising with end users). Until Focalpoint is implemented processes purchase orders through the current manual system.
- Assisting with Focalpoint induction and refresher training to employees, as required
- Preparing and submitting payment requests and providing reports to Finance, as required
- Assisting with the preparation of purchasing metrics, as required
- Carrying out regular price benchmarking assessments and negotiate prices with suppliers, as required
- Meet with primary customers on a quarterly basis to ensure service levels are being met
Additional tasks and responsibilities:
- Provide cover for staff scheduling, participating in weekend rotation
- Provide cover for Activities Coordinator, as needed, to monitor volunteer reception area, prepare for admissions and outpatient visits, assisting with discharge of volunteers
- Provide general assistance to the Clinical Scheduling Manager as necessary
- Associate Degree, or equivalent work experience
- Computer literate with proficiency in Windows environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous experience in a related role
The job may involve the following:
- Very high concentration of work
- Strict and tight deadlines
- Having to juggle a range of tasks/issues simultaneously
- Working in a hazardous environment with high requirement to follow safety procedures
- Working outside normal working hours
- Needing to respond to client demands
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.
If you have any questions or need some support with your application, we’d love to hear from you so contact our friendly team at email@example.com.