Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we help biotech and pharma customers save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
- Primary responsibilities include procurement for various commodity groups and capital requests for a GxP facility. Negotiate with approved suppliers and seek and qualify new suppliers. Process purchase orders for materials and supplies through approved requisition process based on current inventory status and urgency. Conduct all purchasing activities in compliance with company policy, procedures, and objectives
- To comply & adhere to Good Clinical / Manufacturing Practice (GCP/GMP) standards
Main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Plan, schedule and coordinate all activities related to material procurement and inventory management via the ERP systems
- Maintain relationships with approved suppliers and seek out new suppliers and manage their on-going performance per company guidelines, including assisting on-site QA personnel in qualifying new suppliers.
- Negotiate pricing, terms, delivery and quantities, analyze capital proposals and negotiate best pricing and terms, keep records on negotiations and maintain and update the ERP records database. Prepare and enter purchase orders from approved requisitions or approved capital requests.
- Work closely with accounting personnel on invoice processing and changes required on purchase orders or processing of invoices related to storage of materials in warehouse.
- Ensure all orders are placed and goods received in sufficient time to meet the operational demands of the business
- Communicate any supplier discrepancies or situations related to receipt and shipment of goods that may impact operations to the appropriate personnel, department, and clients.
- Establish and maintain communication with various departments to ensure efficient resolution of their requests or problems, including holding training sessions for the ERP system.
- Manage requests for sample materials from formulation groups
- Manage supplier performance and initiate corrective action where appropriate.
- Monitor contracts to ensure suppliers meet all stipulations and determine whether alterations should be made.
- Support client visits and audits in respond to purchase and warehouse functions
- Hold Quarterly Business Reviews with key suppliers
- Provide coverage for the purchasing functions during periods of planned and unplanned absence of other members of purchasing group
- Provide general assistance to the Purchasing Manager and the global purchasing function as necessary.
The job may involve the following:
- Very high concentration of work
- Strict and tight deadlines
- Having to juggle a range of tasks/issues simultaneously
- Working in a hazardous environment with high requirement to follow safety procedures
- Working outside normal working hours
- Needing to respond to client demands
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience in procurement role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business related field preferred.
- Procurement / Supply Chain certification (CIPS, CPIM, CPSM).
- Experience in GxP facility, laboratory, pharmaceutical or healthcare related industry preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite including Excel, Word, Power Point and ERP Systems.
- Understanding of Supply Chain Management principles including the ability to research, analyze and negotiate.
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Work and communicate well with all levels of employees and management.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving/decision making skills, and the ability to make
- timely, effective, fact-based decisions with confidence.
- Even-tempered with a positive, solution-oriented approach to challenges and a "can do" attitude that is focused on solving problems.
- Familiarity with warehousing
- Ability to take appropriate actions in cases of emergency, critical or hazardous situations.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.
If you have any questions or need some support with your application, we’d love to hear from you so contact our friendly team at email@example.com.