Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
Quotient Sciences have an exciting career opportunity available for an experienced Analytical Scientist based at the site in Reading.
You will join an experienced team of Analytical Scientists, within Pharmaceutical Operations, which are responsible for the manufacturing, packaging and releasing of drug products to our sponsors in a matter of days or weeks rather than months. Quotient’s approach maximizes flexibility around batch size and the timing of supply to our sponsors selected site. Our approach is used across all drug product types.
There is always a fresh challenge, offering you the chance to develop your expertise within the cutting edge of Pharmaceutical Science.
In this role you will provide analytical support to IMP Manufacture & release and Formulation development (oral & inhalation) groups and method development and validation (under supervision). This is a hands-on role requiring you to actively participate in day-to-day lab activities.
Main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Performing routine daily operations in the GMP analytical laboratory, in compliance with cGMP and all other regulatory agency requirements
- Performing HPLC, FTIR, UV, Dissolution & KF analysis and performing one or more of NGI, ED, PSD, in compliance with documentation e.g. SOPs
- Evaluate data and contribute to problem solving
- Train/mentor staff, and provide analytical expertise to junior staff
- Represent Analytical Services on projects
- Help maintain sample submission system
The successful candidate will have extensive experience of working within a GMP laboratory/ pharmaceutical development environment as an Analytical Scientist. You will have a good working knowledge of method development and validation and have experience of HPLC and Empower data acquisition system. Experience in the development, validation, and routine usage of analytical methods for inhalation products (i.e. nebulisers and dry powder inhalers) although not essential would be useful.
Other skills and experience required for this role:
- Reliable, enthusiastic and self-motivated as well as having excellent communication skills both written and verbally.
- Strong IT skills and experience of completing documentation with a high degree of accuracy
- Flexibility to work outside of normal hours as and when required by the company to meet client needs
- Flexibility to take on other cross functional responsibilities based on company
- Knowledge of inhalation techniques would also be an advantage.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK at the time of being offered employment.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.
If you have any questions or need some support with your application, we’d love to hear from you so contact our friendly team at firstname.lastname@example.org.