Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
Due to business growth, we have an exciting role available for a CMC Leader to join our Pharmaceutical Development team at Quotient’s site in Reading.
Quotient Sciences’ Pharmaceutical Development team have vast experience across an array of drug product formats for administration via oral, solid dose, inhaled, topical, rectal and parenteral routes. Programmes are led by highly skilled cross-functional Project Managers, and our Project Scientists offer scientifically rich decision-making to reduce the probability that a drug will fail in later stage clinical testing due to sub-optimal formulation performance.
As the Project Scientist, you will work closely alongside our Project Management team supporting all project set-up activities within Pharmaceutical Sciences and you will interact with clients from the initiation of the programme.
This is a client-facing role. You will be working with a multifunctional team, therefore you will be required to work and communicate effectively across different areas of the business. Being able to build strong working relationships and to collaborate with colleagues and clients is key to being successful in this position.
Main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Leading the product development team, and technical expert oversight throughout project lifecycle
- Communication of technical progress to clients
- Ensuring the timely completion of development plans and reports, analytical qualification protocol, reports and laboratory write-ups.
- Formulation development aspects of the development programmes and the ensuring the provision of draft batch records to manufacturing operations
- Ensuring smooth transition of programmes to GMP Operations including the provision of batch records and draft IMP labels
- Supporting the project set-up activities within Pharmaceutical Sciences
- Writing and review of analytical and formulation test protocols and reports
- Identification of excipients and preparation of relevant specifications relating to study requirements
- Training of new/existing staff
- Writing and updating SOPs and analytical methods
- Investigation / review / and completion of deviations and CAPAs where appropriate
You should have a minimum degree level qualification in a relevant science subject (e.g. pharmacy, pharmaceutical or formulation science) and will have some CMC product development or study lead experience.
If you have relevant experience within industry or in a similar role will be at an advantage. Excellent project management, teamwork and communication skills are essential in this role.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.
If you have any questions or need some support with your application, we’d love to hear from you so contact our friendly team at firstname.lastname@example.org.