Head of Reward
UK ~ Reading
UK ~ Homebased
UK ~ Nottingham
UK ~ Alnwick
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we help pharma and biotech customers save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
Due to business growth, we are looking for a Head of Reward to continue to build the global reward philosophy which will assist to attract, engage, develop and retain top talent in line with our culture.
A key member of the People team, you will be responsible for the design, planning and implementation of reward programs, policies, and procedures for the business.
This is both a strategic and hands on role where you will be required to manage priorities at varying levels.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Building and driving the strategic design and execution of the company’s reward philosophy
- Providing expertise in ongoing management and improvement of rewards programs and processes, including assessing the effectiveness of current programs in relation to company objectives and implementing changes where necessary
- Lead the implementation of a global pay and grading framework, including job evaluation, ensuring fairness and transparency
- Ensure all cyclical reward initiatives are prepared and executed timely and accurately (including the annual pay review, benefit elections, bonus process, incentive schemes, other reward projects) partnering with HR and business leaders as appropriate
- Responsible for driving reward engagement
- Partnering with People team members in the creation of training tools/programs and delivering training to leaders regarding reward and recognition processes and frameworks and conducting effective compensation discussions
- Conducting internal and external market research and analysis to plan compensation and benefits and ensure its relevance, competitiveness, affordability whilst ensuring internal equity
- Managing vendor relationships with third party benefits providers, and participation in compensation surveys, ensuring regular reviews
- Develop a robust governance structure for all reward processes. Monitor legislative and regulatory changes and ensure programs remain compliant
- Ensure our reward philosophy and practices align with and drive our DE&I cultural aspirations
- Work with HR partners on providing standard and creative compensation packages to develop competitive offers for top talent
- Partnering with managers and the broader People function on a range of reward issues
The successful candidate will have proven experience in total rewards / compensation & benefits with a track record of translating vision into executable strategy. You will have experience of working in a global organisation (specific experience in the UK and US is essential).
Additionally you should be comfortable operating in an agile, fast-paced, matrix environment with multiple stakeholders both within HR, the wider business and with external suppliers.
This role can be home based, with flexibility to work from site if preferred. Travel to sites in Nottingham, Alnwick or Reading will be required from time to time, also with the potential for occasional travel to the US.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK at the time of being offered employment.
Other skills and experience required:
- Ability to think creatively, analyse complex situations and use data insights and metrics to make strong decisions
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional stakeholder engagement and communication skills
- Passion for delivery, driving results and making a difference
- Strong attention to detail with analytical/critical thinking
- Consultative and collaborative approach
- Advanced Excel skills and the ability to interpret and manipulate large data sets
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.
If you have any questions or need some support with your application, we’d love to hear from you so contact our friendly team at email@example.com.