Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
Due to business growth, we have a fantastic career opportunity for a Laboratory Technician, based at our site in Nottingham. In this role you will contribute to the success of the business through supporting scientific staff in laboratory areas. Your main responsibility is the overall maintenance and upkeep of the laboratory area which supports formulation development and analytical activities.
Main task and responsibilities:
- To support scientific staff by keeping lab areas clean and tidy including emptying/filling of glassware washer.
- Material management, ordering, receiving, labelling materials coming into laboratory. Including updating data bases as needed.
- To help with reconciliation and safe disposal of products, samples, reagents, and excipients.
- To support scientific staff by preparing reagents.
- Performing routine calibration of pipettes and balances.
- To check water system daily and record in logbook.
- To book in HPLC columns record in logbook and update the database. Also, routine emptying of HPLC waste.
- To perform fortnightly lab inspections and support monthly workplace Health & Safety inspections.
- To issue logbooks as required and update logbook database.
- Check logbooks to ensure that they are accurately completed by all staff.
- Ensuring that stability cabinets are kept in good order with contents and sample pull dates being recorded.
- To support archiving of records once a study has completed.
- To keep detailed and accurate records in logbooks of all work undertaken, ensuring that all records are clear, concise and legible at all times to enable for full traceability.
- To comply with all relevant SOP’s and keep training file up to date.
The successful candidate will have previous, experience within a pharmaceutical laboratory environment. You should also be able to work well as part of a team with the ability to work to deadlines.
Other skills and experience required:
- Ability to juggle a range of tasks/issues simultaneously
- Able to work in a hazardous environment and to follow safety procedures
- Happy to respond to client demands
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.