Associate Director, Global Supplier Quality Management
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we help biotech and pharma customers save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
- Responsible for overseeing the quality aspects of the Quotient Sciences global Supplier Management program for GxP suppliers and sub-contractors and promoting business continuity through effective management of the company’s suppliers.
- Establish, maintain, and continuously improve the Company’s Supplier Management program to assure sustained compliance with global regulations and standards.
- Work closely with Purchasing, Business Development, Clinical Operations, GMP Operations and QA across all Quotient Science’s global sites to ensure suppliers provide quality products and services that support Quotient’s business needs.
- Accountable for managing supplier quality metrics and driving continuous quality improvement activities with strategic / global suppliers.
Main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Develop and maintain sustainable relationships with strategic and global (i.e. “key”) suppliers. Participate in business review meetings with and, as necessary, quality audits of key suppliers. Serve at the central QA contact for key suppliers to address change notifications or quality issues.
- Maintain and improve a global, risk-based Supplier Quality Management program that defines consistent approaches to the selection, qualification, ongoing monitoring and control, and disqualification of GxP suppliers.
- Assure Supplier Quality Agreement templates remain current with Quotient Sciences’ expectations and that Quality Agreements are executed with suppliers in advance of any purchases of products or services.
- Maintain and improve a global Approved Supplier List.
- Establish supplier quality performance indicators to be measured across all Quotient Sciences’ sites. Monitor these indicators and routinely evaluate supplier quality performance. Collaborate with site QA to identify and implement effective and sustainable corrective actions, when needed, to address adverse trends in metrics. Issue and present trend reports and quality improvement efforts to global and site management.
- Proactively identify supplier/global supply-chain risks and collaborate with internal and external partners to mitigate before adversely impacting Quotient Sciences’ business, quality or compliance.
- Act as point of escalation for QA across all Quotient Sciences sites for resolution of quality and compliance issues. Provide quality guidance and support to sites for supplier quality issues.
- Collaborate with internal customers to assure that approved vendors are available to support business needs with minimal quality/compliance issues.
- Support audits and inspections of the supplier management program at all sites. Assess any audit observations related to supplier management issued to a single Quotient site to identify similar risks at other sites and lead activities to mitigate and avoid similar audit findings across sites. Collaborate in the resolution of any audit findings related to the supplier management program to assure that the corrective actions are appropriate, effective, and sustainable.
- As required, prepare and deliver training to ensure personnel maintain the required competency and thorough understanding of supplier quality management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The job may involve the following:
- Very high concentration of work
- Strict and tight deadlines
- Having to juggle a range of tasks/issues simultaneously
- Working in a hazardous environment with high requirement to follow safety procedures
- Working outside normal working hours
- Needing to respond to client demands
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or life sciences discipline with minimum of 6 years of experience in Quality in pharmaceutical/biotech industry Quality; advanced degree preferred
- Demonstrated experience managing GxP suppliers, including supplier metrics
- Strong interpersonal skills with a special focus on relationship building and customer satisfaction
- Other essential skills and experience are:
- Demonstrated ability to compile and interpret quality metrics and lead teams to improved performance demonstrated through metrics
- Experienced in conducting supplier audits and integrating risk-based approaches to assure efficient and compliant vendor management programs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and technical writing capabilities
- Self-directed and able to work effectively across multiple global cultures and with cross functional teams.
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.
If you have any questions or need some support with your application, we’d love to hear from you so contact our friendly team at email@example.com.