Nurse Clinic Manager
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
We have a fantastic career opportunity available for a Nurse Clinic Manager to join our Clinical Operations department at our site in Nottingham.
You will be working in Quotient’s purpose-built UK Phase I unit, with 85 beds across 6 wards, which features the highest quality clinical facilities and equipment. Volunteer safety and well-being is our primary focus, and we have highly qualified staff, including Doctors, Nurses, and Technicians at our unit which operates 24 hours 7 days a week.
Quotient Sciences are a world leader in running clinical trials. With 30 years' experience running these trials, we have been involved in the development of medicines for many different illnesses and conditions and have safely dosed more than 10,000 volunteers taking part in our trials.
As the Clinic Manager, you will have a minimum of 5 direct reports including Senior Clinical Leads, Scheduling Manager, Senior Nurse, and Training & Compliance. The clinical team is made up of around 50 permanent staff in total. You will be responsible for leading the clinical unit to ensure on time delivery of clinical trials to a high quality whilst managing and coordinating staff to maximize operational efficiency.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Ensure study data is collected to a high quality in accordance with ICH–GCP performing internal quality checks accordingly
- Provide leadership, guidance, and management support to the clinical team to ensure the smooth delivery of trials
- Ensure excellent clinical and safety standards within the clinic to always ensure volunteer safety
- Attend clinical scheduling meetings to ensure co-ordination of the clinic team to maximize operational efficiency
- Organising training for both new and existing members of the clinical team. Ensuring all members of the clinical team are fully trained before working unsupervised
- Troubleshooting and problem solving as and when required
- Ensure study KPIs are within the set targets ensuring regular feedback to the team on trends/issues/learnings throughout the study and on completion to drive continual improvement within the clinic
- Support audit readiness at all times by ensuring monthly checks are conducted per the agreed schedule
- Ensure all clinical aspects required to comply with the Phase I accreditation are conducted and documented accordingly
- Support QA with general audits
- Support PM and commercial team in general site visits/teleconferences
- Perform dosing and clinical procedures as required
- Ensure clinical equipment and associated documentation is maintained in good working order
- Writing and updating clinical SOPs where required
- Interviewing and appointing new staff to clinical team
- Investigate quality issues and identify appropriate CAPAs
- Identify opportunities for change and assist with implementation of process change
- Monitor Clinical budget with Senior Director, Clinical Operations
We are looking for a strong people leader with the desire to engage and inspire teams, who will thrive in a fast-paced clinical environment.
The successful candidate will be a Registered General Nurse (RGN), with extensive experience of managing people and 24/7 shifts. You will have experience of working in an accute clinical environment and will be Immediate Life Support trained as a minimum.
Previous experience in Phase I research, as well as knowledge of GCP requirements and a good understanding of the Phase I accreditation guidance is preferred, but not essesstional as GCP training will be provided.
Other skills and experience required:
- Ability to juggle a range of tasks/issues simultaneously
- Able to work in a hazardous environment with high requirement to follow safety procedures
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellence interpersonal skills and communication
- Flexibility around working outside normal working hours
- Able to respond to client demands and work to tight deadlines
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.