Trainee Statistical Programmer
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
Quotient Sciences has a fantastic career opportunity for a Trainee Statistical Programmer. This role will be based in the Statistical Programming department at our site in Edinburgh.
This is an excellent opportunity to start your career as a Trainee Statistical Programmer and be involved in the challenging environment of early phase clinical studies. You will be trained in many different aspects of statistical programming and work with complex clinical data.
Data Sciences at Quotient Sciences comprises over 70 staff and provides an expert service in the data management, modelling, analysis and reporting of early Phase clinical studies (both healthy volunteer and patient).
Each clinical study is set-up according to the clinical protocol which details the study design, objectives, dosing information, data collection and reporting methods. Other project team members will perform tasks such as study database set-up, collection of data, perform formal statistical analysis, report writing, etc.
Working as part of the team your role as a programming specialist will involve the following:
- To load data, program tables, listings, figures and study datasets
- We use the programming language SAS (an industry standard, widely used outside the clinical sector too) and full training will be provided in the SAS programming language and programing techniques
- Dependent on your development, our career pathway allows you to expand your programming role over time and progress to more senior roles and tasks
- Early Phase studies present particular SAS programming challenges due to their complexity (e.g. due to multiple study parts) and mid-study protocol/database changes, interim reporting/transfers, etc.
- You will be expected to be flexible and creative in your programming skills
The successful candidate will have a life science or numerate degree and have experience of using a programming language, ideally SAS. You will have an understanding of programming concepts and a strong interest in developing a career as a Statistical Programmer working with clinical data and standards. Previous clinical industry experience of SAS, or/ and knowledge of ICH GCP and clinical trials would be an advantage.
Candidates with previous clinical industry experience will be considered for a more senior role.
Other skills and experience required:
- Good organisational and presentation skills and be able to work to deadlines whilst maintaining quality standards
- Good attention to detail and the ability to multitask
- Effective oral and written communication skills are also required as you will, in time, be a primary statistical programming point of contact with clients, external data providers and clinical staff.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK upon being offered employed.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.
If you have any questions or need some support with your application, we’d love to hear from you so contact our friendly team at email@example.com.