Scientific Content Writer
UK ~ Nottingham
UK ~ Edinburgh
UK ~ Reading
UK ~ Homebased
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we help pharma and biotech customers save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Scientific Content Writer/Developer to join our Strategic Marketing team.
Strategic Marketing is a global team responsible for the Quotient Sciences brand, with specialisms including digital marketing, events coordination, marketing communications, and inside sales. As the Scientific Content Writer/Developer you will be responsible for turning detailed technical and scientific concepts into highly engaging content adapted for different target audiences in biotech and pharma companies involved in the drug discovery and development process. You will also manage the library of sales collateral which includes slide presentations, scientific posters, peer reviewed journals, case studies, infographics, whitepapers and blogs.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Produce compelling, well-structured content for a scientifically technical audience
- Ability to develop content for various persona types with sharp messaging for customer engagement and high conversion of new contacts
- Obtain a deep understanding of Quotient’s services portfolio and translate complex/technical information into simple, polished, and engaging content
- Utilize market reports and insights research to understand customer pain points and focused areas of research to develop content that resonates with the customers challenges
- Create high-quality scientific content in various formats (literature reviews, blog posts, guides, articles, brochures, infosheets, email marketing, white paper, technical content/case studies, social media posts) – working with other members of the marketing team, internal subject matter experts and outside consultants/agencies
- Assist with optimizing new and existing web content for SEO criteria and developing a strong SEM keywords strategy
- Develop and maintain a detailed database of sales collateral including slide presentations, scientific posters, peer reviewed journals, case studies, infographics, whitepapers and blogs
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement
- Independently gather information from internal and external subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write services and solutions focused content to support campaign content strategy
- Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, working closely with various departments to understand project requirements
The successful candidate will have at least 5 years scientific and/or technical writing experience and content development in the pharmaceutical industry. It is also essential that you have a good understanding of the drug development process with knowledge in areas such as drug substance chemistry, formulation/product development, manufacturing and clinical research.
This role can be home based, with flexibility to work from site if preferred. Travel to sites in Nottingham, Alnwick or Reading will be required from time to time.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK at the time of being offered employment.
Other skills and experience required:
- MS or equivalent degree in life sciences. Advanced degree (MS or PhD) in chemistry or biology strongly preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills for seamless work in a team environment
- Ability to work independently; meet deadlines, demonstrate effective use of time, and handle multiple assignments simultaneously
- Exceptional attention to detail with a keen eye for accuracy
- Able to command respect from peers and capable of highly independent work as well as being a team player
- Highly motivated, decisive, and results-oriented individual
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.