Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
A great opportunity has arisen for a Facilities Manager to join our Manufacturing Operations team based in Reading. In this role you will lead a team responsible for managing and maintaining GMP facilities, services plant and laboratory equipment. Ensure that all building services are running at optimum level. Act as the first point of contact for all matters relating to GMP facilities.
Other main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Schedule and manage planned maintenance work in order to cause minimum possible disruption to manufacturing.
- Manage the monitoring of critical alarms & those generated by the REES environmental monitoring system, and where necessary react, investigate, and rectify the fault. This may include evening/weekend call outs.
- Complete quality systems documentation, including authoring SOPs and WIs, completing change control, deviation and CAPA documents. Lead deviation and root cause investigations. Prepare reports relating to deviations, change controls, protocols & temperature mapping, as well as monthly reports.
- Coordinate waste collection/disposal ensuring all documentation is in order
- Where required, act as the first point of contact for security services, including providing out of hours cover in the event of excursions to critical equipment.
- Ensure air-handling and environmentally controlled systems are correctly qualified, calibrated and functioning, and assist in carrying out annual statutory scheduled shut downs of GMP clean rooms.
- Assist with the organisation of maintenance contracts for core equipment ie. Air handling units, humidifiers, compressors, generators, controlled storage areas and fridges & freezers.
- Ensure that all contractors working in the building are supervised and informed of the relevant safety information & RAMS protocols. Provide any personal protective equipment required and issue permits to work (Hot works) where required.
- Have a good understanding of the alarm system with particular emphasis on isolating areas for fire alarm weekly checks and DOP smoke tests.
- Line management responsibility for a team of 1-3 facilities technicians
- Train staff members on the use of equipment/systems and facilities. Provide motivation, and creative energy to build team culture.
- Work collaboratively with other departments.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement activities
- Knowledge of procedures, processes and systems for a cGMP compliant GMP facility
- Extensive GMP compliance knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organisational, problem solving and follow up skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and prioritise effectively
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must be able to work well under pressure and be a good team player
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.
If you have any questions or need some support with your application, we’d love to hear from you so contact our friendly team at email@example.com.