Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we help biotech and pharma customers save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
Quotient Sciences have a new career opportunity available for a Technical Scientist at the site in Nottingham. You will join the Technical Operations department and contribute to the success of the business providing effective support to the Manufacturing Area (GMP) and Laboratory Areas (GLP). Responsibilities include (but not limited to) control and, or transfer of equipment /contractor database, delivery of Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), environmental control and equipment procurement/modification within GMP/GLP areas.
Main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Provide 1st line maintenance support for the GMP and Laboratory facilities
- Maximise value for money from contracted GMP and Lab services
- Ensure projects are completed to an acceptable standard for use within a GMP/Laboratory environment
- Ensure all GMP and Lab equipment is covered by PPM and reactive maintenance; and that any down-time is minimised
- Ensure all contractors involved with GMP and the labs are appropriately supervised and that any work performed is aligned with relevant working practices
- Maintain compliant status of equipment files.
- Comply with all relevant SOP’s and keep training file up to date
The Scientist must comply & adhere to guidelines and regulations required for this role, including; GXP and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP). You will use the procedure and processes to ensure equipment is fit for purpose and carry out assessments as and when required.
The successful candidate must have 3+ years’ experience within a technical environment, such as: pharmaceutical, cosmetics, food or engineering. Degree in a Life Science subject is desirable.
Other skills and experience required:
- Previous experience delivering cost effective management to introduce new equipment promptly
- Previous experience and competence to perform appropriate level of maintenance when required
- Ability to work to strict and tight deadlines whilst juggling a range of tasks/issues simultaneously
- Confident working in a hazardous environment and ability to follow safety procedures
- This role may require you work outside of normal working hours as we respond to client needs.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training, and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.