Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we help biotech and pharma customers save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
The Financial Accountant will work as part of a small and highly efficient team to complement our highly regarded finance department.
Main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Month-end tasks including payroll, prepayments, accruals and review of monthly P&L reports
- Work closely with the Assistant Financial Accountant to ensure month end is closed to a strict deadline
- Manage Fixed Assets register, monitoring and controlling spend on capital projects to ensure they don’t overrun their budgets.
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- VAT returns and NIC/PAYE payments
- Cash flow forecasting
- Assisting with the audit process
- Assisting with the preparation and manipulation of budget spreadsheets
- Posting and maintaining the finance and operating lease schedule
- Provide support to the UK Financial Controller as required
- Ad hoc analyses and reports
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working within an accounts department and a thorough understanding of how the Financial Accountant role works.
Other skills and experience required
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels, including staff, clients and suppliers
- Ability to meet tight deadlines & pay close attention to detail.
- Helpful and friendly manner
- A good telephone manner
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work
- Accurate keyboard skills
- Knowledge of accounting software packages (Access Accounting/Financial Force/Sage) an advantage but not necessary as full training will be given
- Good working knowledge of Excel
- Must be self-motivated and able to organise and manage their own workload within an extremely busy finance department.
The job may involve the following:
- Very high concentration of work
- Strict and tight deadlines
- Having to juggle a range of tasks/issues simultaneously
- Needing to respond to client demands
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.