Business Development Executive
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented Business Development Executive to flourish within a high-profile position at Quotient Sciences. The individual will be part of a team of business development executives and will be responsible for driving sales from new accounts and existing customers in a European territory to be tailored to the right candidate’s strengths.
We are looking for candidates who possess a high level of market awareness, knowledge of drug development and have direct experience of selling in the areas of either drug substance or drug product development, clinical manufacturing, or clinical supply groups. Preferably of more than one.
We are seeking a tenacious professional who can self-build a robust business pipeline by spotting project opportunities from direct interactions with pharma and biotech companies. Understanding customers’ needs, building strong relationships, and providing tailored solutions are key requisites for this post.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Deliver the territory sales target, through the development and pro-active management of a strong deal pipeline
- Own and drive the entire business development cycle, from the identification of initial opportunities, through the development of specific proposals, to delivery of a signed contract
- Quickly develop strong and mutually supportive relationships with internal colleagues (e.g., science, finance, project management)
- Know your territory. Where are the molecules? What stage of development? What will the next opportunity be for us and when?
- Travel frequently to be face-to-face with influencers and decision makers
- Arrange client visits “solo” or with scientific support to present Quotient Sciences vision, capabilities and expertise and convert client needs to new business
- Work with Marketing to develop and implement tactical marketing plans for the territory to generate enquires within the territory
- Develop and extend relationships with existing customers and Quotient’s Project Management team to secure repeat business
- Ensure the clean and efficient hand-over of projects from business development to Project Management and operational delivery
- Frequent travel within the territory is essential
The successful candidate will have a demonstrable track record of successful sales of drug substance or drug product development, clinical manufacturing, or clinical supply groups, and be educated to at least degree standard in a relevant Life Science subject.
Other skills and experience required:
- A coherent understanding of the drug development process
- A current, fluent knowledge of the marketplace, clients, and competitors
- An established network of clients and industry contacts
- Ability to interact at levels ranging from VP’s to Development Team scientists
- Scientifically and commercially astute with an aptitude for thinking “outside the box”
- Self-starter/motivated with a hunger for new deals and a “can do” attitude
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
This role is to be homebased, therefore we are flexible on location within the United Kingdom or Europe.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.