Business Intelligence Analyst
UK ~ Nottingham
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
The Data and Analytics team is an integral part of the business. We build and deliver the data infrastructure that powers our analytics activity, allowing us to drive value from our data via the provision of analysis, reporting and insights internally to teams across the full span of the business.
We’re looking for an exceptional Business Intelligence Analyst to help scale our BI function. Reporting directly to the Head of Data and Analytics, and working closely with the business in providing comprehensive Management Information, both to internal stakeholders and externally to Quotient’s third parties
This role is much more than creating and running reports; the BI Analyst will own the approach to design, build, and delivery as well as take the lead on new and automated ways of providing key information by leveraging our data structures and systems, through the implementation and rollout of Tableau as our automated reporting tool of choice. They will show a deep understanding of performance data, and the ability to articulate variance to forecasts and drive for commercial insights and recommendations.
The role requires a strong technical understanding of data platforms, data warehousing and visualisation tools. You’ll need to be adaptable, flexible and resourceful in delivering a challenging roadmap whilst our data landscape is transforming. This is a crucial appointment and an amazing opportunity for an ambitious analyst looking to be part of a growing part of the business.
- Create standardised management information dashboards and data files, for daily, weekly, and monthly distribution, working to the requirements of Business stakeholders.
- Build new and migrate existing manual reports into a comprehensive Tableau reporting solution for the business. Develop interesting and innovative data presentation techniques and identify opportunities to improve existing reports.
- Create robust, automated reporting processes that deliver timely, accurate, reliable management information.
- Own the automated reporting product backlog, working with stakeholders to effectively prioritise work
- Provide insights and articulate findings into clear, rational, and actionable recommendations to support reporting outputs. Allow data to be easily interpreted and utilised to inform strategic decisions.
- Develop a complete knowledge of all data sources and maintain a strong relationship with the wider team, to understand their key business challenges and needs.
- Use your knowledge of advanced data systems, analysis and mining techniques to enable the creation and maintenance of complex data sources and reports, to provide concise and meaningful insights to stakeholders within the business.
- Champion the use of data and analytics, increasing adoption and growth across the team. Drive a data led culture and provide advice, support and recommendations on how data can be used to improve business initiatives and drive commercial value.
- Collaborate with teams across the business to deliver mutually beneficial products; whether this be data or analytics. Identify opportunities to showcase our data in new and engaging ways, allowing it to be utilised at the heart of decision making.
- Work to build a wider data analytics community within the team to allow delivery against our self-service operating model.
- Be passionate about data visualisation, ensuring content meets our quality and brand standards. Proactively identify opportunities for automaton of data reporting and visualisation. Be the internal and external focus for BI excellence.
- Adopt a continuous learning culture to BI development and reporting techniques, keeping up to date with the latest thinking and practises.
- Acting as a gatekeeper for our data, ensuring the use of it is compliant to GDPR standards (and local legislation) and that best practices are applied.
Essential technical skills:
- Demonstrable and strong experience of creating general Management Information and technical / analytical presentations
- A proven track record of advanced dashboard development in Tableau. Ability to get hands on and develop data solutions and powerful data visualisations.
- Strong Excel & PowerPoint skills and use of data manipulation
- SQL skills and experience in database query building
- Experience of Tableau Server administration and management best practise, including user management, security and access.
- A deep understanding of data warehousing principals in cloud-based technologies (such as AWS Data Stack)
- Appreciation of full analytics technology stack, with extensive hands-on experience
- Comfortable with solution design and identifying solutions to data problems. Ability to work with Data Engineers to define, implement and manage appropriate architecture/schemas on the data warehouse.
- A data-driven approach. Experience manipulating and analysing complex data from multiple sources.
- Naturally inquisitive, with an eye for detail and the willingness to learn new tools and techniques.
- A methodical, analytical and logical thinker with the ability to see the bigger picture and get to the underlying business questions and challenges that need answering.
- Outstanding numerical, technical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with both technical and non-technical colleagues, translating complex concepts into simple terms where required.
- A team player with a passion for working in a collaborative environment.
- Extremely organised, delivery focused and deadline driven. The ability to prioritise workload and manage stakeholders effectively.
- Applied knowledge of Agile principles and frameworks like Kanban and Scrum. Roadmap delivery using tools like Jira.
- Good commercial awareness.
- The ability to thrive in a risk-taking, fast-paced environment. Enjoy a hands-on role.
- Ambitious and proactive.
- A confident and conscientious communicator.
- Experience and knowledge of the Pharmaceutical industry and associated data
- Experience project managing the delivery of technical solutions.
- Experience building underlying data pipelines and ETL, particularly useful if done using AWS or tools such as Alteryx / Tableau Prep.
- Experience working in an AWS Data Stack (AWS Glue, Lambda, S3, Athena, Sagemaker, etc)
- Knowledge and experience using other programming and/or statistical languages (e.g. Python, R Studio etc.).
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.