Junior Analytical Scientist
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
As the Junior Analytical Scientist, you will be responsible for performing routine daily operations in the GMP analytical laboratory, this will include routine calibration of the lab equipment, performing HPLC, FTIR, UV, Dissolution & KF analysis and performing one or more of NGI, ED, PSD. There is always a fresh challenge, offering graduates and experienced scientists the chance to develop their expertise within the cutting edge of Pharmaceutical Science.
- Actively participate in day-to-day lab activities & general lab maintenance tasks
- Analytical support to the development team
- Analytical support to method development and validation under supervision
- Analytical support to IMP manufacture and release under supervision
- To evaluate data and contribute to problem solving under supervision
- Perform job responsibilities in compliance with cGMP and all other regulatory agency requirements
- Operate the equipment in compliance with documentation e.g. SOPs
- To maintain your own training record and to discuss needs with your line manager
- To employ the principle of continuous improvement and a basis of teamwork in day to day activities with colleagues
- This role is based at our Reading site.
This role is open to graduates. You will be reliable, enthusiastic and self-motivated as well as having excellent communication skills both written and verbally. Good IT skills and attention to detail are also a must.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK at the time of being offered employment.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.
If you have any questions or need some support with your application, we’d love to hear from you so contact our friendly team at Quotient.