Operations Shift Team Leader
Operations Shift Team Leader
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
Quotient Sciences are expanding rapidly, with a clear commitment to drug substance development and manufacture and have recently announced a $8m investment in a new kilo lab facility which will be fully operational in 2022. We are currently recruiting for an operations shift team Leader to work within the expanding Drug Substance team at our Alnwick facility. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of pharmaceutical manufacturing projects covering a range of synthetic organic chemistries and manufacturing scales. We are at an exciting time of expansion and offer a significant range of benefits, including tailored development and training and excellent opportunities for personal and career development.
- Leadership of the operations shift team within drug substance production.
- Responsible for on-the-job training, mentoring and support of new and existing shift team members.
- Deputise for the operations team supervisor as required.
- Oversee drug substance manufacturing and scale-up operations to maximise throughput and meet client requirements.
- Management of the operations shift team, including recruitment, one to one and annual appraisals
- Assist the operations team supervisor with daily/weekly prioritisation, resource planning, and production scheduling
- Oversee and contribute to equipment maintenance and installation, including validation as required
- Preparation of quality documentation (batch synthesis instructions, quality deviation, change management, corrective actions, and risk assessments)
- Ensure that good standards of housekeeping, and waste management are maintained in the drug substance production areas
- Prepare EHS risk and COSHH assessments and act as SME in process risk assessments
- Preparation of validation documentation for new drug substance manufacturing equipment and facilities
- Propose and advise on equipment design, selection and acquisition, including preparing CapEx requests
- Work closely with the operations team supervisor on the design of new/expanded drug substance manufacturing facilities and developing team organisation, aligned to our five-year plan
- Operate within environmental, health and safety guidelines and regulations, working with due regard to health & safety of self and others. Support EHS investigations as required
- Ensure that manufacturing and scale-up operations, and associated documentation, complies with GMP, EHS and other regulatory requirements, internal policies and procedures, and client requirements
- Work flexibly across the site to meet business needs
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of kilo lab or laboratory scale up operations.
- Degree level (or equivalent) qualification in Chemistry or a closely related discipline, with minimum of four years of relevant industrial experience, or a completed apprenticeship as a chemical operator with a further four years of industrial experience.
- Experience of GMP operations at kilo scale is essential.
- Thorough understanding of process safety and hazards associated with kilo-scale chemical processing. Good understanding of the current regulatory environment.
- People leadership, with the skills to mentor, train, and support subordinates in order to achieve high levels of operational competence.
Other skills and experience required:
- Good written/oral communication skills
- A high level of personal integrity and commitment
- Flexible approach to new work challenges
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences business are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion. We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusions in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.