Director, Business Development (East Region)
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we help biotech and pharma customers save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented BD executive to flourish within a high-profile position at Quotient Sciences. The individual will be part of a high performance, cross-functional sales team and will be responsible for driving both new client acquisition and expansion of existing customer relationships.
Candidates should possess a current, in-depth knowledge of their territory and demonstrate a high level of connectivity among decision makers and influencers at all levels. Candidates should be experienced in small molecule drug development with recent, direct experience successfully selling integrated programs that include drug substance process scale-up and clinical manufacture, drug product formulation development and clinical manufacture, and early phase clinical studies across the biotech and pharma sectors. Other areas included in our service offerings are radiolabeling of drug substances, bioanalytical testing of clinical samples, and late phase/commercial manufacture of small molecule drug substances and drug products for niche and orphan indications.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial professional to build a robust and deep pipeline by spotting project opportunities from direct interactions with pharma and biotech companies. An ability to understand and succinctly articulate a customer’s problem statement and work closely with subject matter experts to build a tailored solution is critical.
Main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Accountable for achieving sales target via an optimum volume, value and mix of awards.
- Accountable for the entire business development process from lead generation to contract close. Close working relationships with marketing, inside sales, technical sales, legal and project management will be critical for success.
- Accountable for Salesforce.com data entry, opportunity progression, and data hygiene
- Development of a cohesive, comprehensive territory strategy and ownership of the delivery against it.
- Travel for face-to-face client meetings, conferences and seminars will be an essential part of the role.
- An ability to quickly assimilate Quotient Science’s capabilities and clearly articulate to clients at all levels
- Understand the competitive landscape within your territory and develop tactics to exploit this to your advantage.
- Work closely with Project Management colleagues to monitor project progression and identify any and all up-sell and/or cross-sell opportunities.
- A coherent understanding of the drug development process.
- Demonstrable track record of successful consultative sales to the biotech/pharma sectors
- A current, fluent knowledge of the marketplace, clients and competitors
- An established network of clients and industry contacts
- Ability to interact at all levels ranging from VP’s to Development Team scientists
- Scientifically and commercially astute with an aptitude for thinking “outside the box”
- Self-starter with a passion for new deals and a “can do” attitude
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Education and/or experience in a relevant Life Science
- Proficient in the use of Salesforce.com or similar CRM database
- This role is to be homebased servicing territory in the northeast of the USA. The exact geography will be tailored for the right candidate
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.
If you have any questions or need some support with your application, we’d love to hear from you so contact our friendly team at email@example.com.