Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
An opportunity has arisen for 2 Laboratory Technicians to join our Drug Substance department. The position is to support the PR&D function. The successful applicant will have the ability to work safely in a scientific environment, including the use and handling of chemicals, accurate record keeping, stock, waste and sample management. You will be tasked with the preparation of general reagents, transfer of materials around site and laboratory housekeeping tasks.
- Ensure that self and others using laboratories handle and dispose of materials in accordance with agreed company practices and procedures.
- Maintain Laboratory Notebook, ensuring that this is countersigned as required.
- Preparation of common stock solutions.
- Material receipt and booking in, including management of the chemical inventory.
- Management of materials and consumables to maintain minimum stock levels.
- Transportation of materials between departments.
- Glassware washing and stock management.
- HPLC solvent preparation and stock management.
- Technical vessel stream cleaning.
- Document support, including logbook management.
- Preparation of records for archiving.
- Completion and reporting of routine testing.
- Work flexibly across site to achieve business needs.
Previous experience is not necessarily required, but would be looking for the candidate to have:
- Good Written and numerical skills
- The ability to work well with others
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft office
- Good time keeping and the ability to show initiative
Other skills and experience required:
- 3 A Levels or equivalent, with one being in a STEM discipline
- A to C Grades in Maths, English and Science
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences business are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion. We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusions in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.