Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
Quotient Sciences are expanding rapidly, with a clear commitment to drug substance development and manufacture ands have recently announced a $8m investment in a new kilo lab facility which will be fully operational in 2022. We are currently recruiting for a Laboratory Technician/Apprentice to work within the expanding Drug Product Microbiology team at our Alnwick facility. You will have the opportunity to provide technical assistance to the microbiological team to facilitate the rapid progression of revenue generating work.
- Preparation of microbiological media and media growth promotion testing.
- Environmental monitoring in the microbiological laboratories and GMP manufacturing areas.
- Testing of water samples to asses any microbial contamination.
- Operation of the discard and media autoclaves
- Ordering and control of consumables for the microbiology laboratory.
- Conduct of work to GMP standards
- Management and filing of Microbiological reports
- Work flexibly across the site to meet business needs
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of 5 GCSE’s or equivalent including English, Maths and Science
- 3 A levels or equivalent, with one being in a STEM discipline
- Previous experience in Microbiology would be an advantage but not essential
- Good time keeing an the ability to show initiative
Other skills and experience required:
- Good written/oral communication skills
- A high level of personal integrity and commitment
- Flexible approach to new work challenges
- Demonstratable competence in IT skills
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences business are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion. We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusions in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.