Instrumentation & Calibration Technician
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we help biotech and pharma customers save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
- The primary resource to execute onsite GxP calibrations for the Philadelphia solid dose manufacturing facilities.
- Provide technical instrumentation support for maintenance and process activities.
- Execution of assigned maintenance activities, which will include various functions within a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- To comply & adhere to Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards.
Main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Perform GxP calibrations in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures on a wide variety of instrumentation for manufacturing, laboratory, and other supporting departments (e.g. – temperature, pressure, speed, time, flow, mass, dimensional, etc.).
- Provide maintenance, testing, troubleshooting, repair, and/or installation of instrumentation for manufacturing, laboratory, and other supporting department equipment.
- Support equipment instrumentation audits for generation of Instrument Impact Assessment. Audits include proper identification of instrumentation loop components.
- Utilize multiple electronic databases and software to execute calibration and maintenance activities.
- Read and understand company and task specific Standard Operating Procedures.
- Host external contractors in association with assigned calibration activities.
- Maintain logs and required documentation.
- Support validation activities.
- Support equipment/instrument facility moves.
- Support HVAC instrumentation maintenance activities.
- Support Building Automation System maintenance activities.
The job may involve the following:
- Very high concentration of work.
- Strict and tight deadlines.
- Having to juggle a range of tasks/issues simultaneously.
- Working in a hazardous environment with high requirement to follow safety procedures.
- Working outside normal working hours.
- Needing to respond to client demands.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, and sit.
- Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl.
- Continually required to talk, hear, and smell.
- Occasionally work around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic chemicals.
- Must be able to meet OSHA requirements to wear respiratory personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Occasionally required to wear respirator or Powered Air-Purifying Respirator (PAPR).
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Desired: Certification from a vocational institution for controls or metrology.
- Required: 1-3 years performing process instrumentation calibrations.
- Desired: 1-3 years of direct usage of a CMMS.
- Desired: 1-3 years of working in a FDA regulated environment, and ISO 9002 environment, or other regulated environment with a defined quality system (e.g. – nuclear).
- Desired: ISA Certified Control Systems Technician certification.
- Required: Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to work independently as well as with others in a team environment.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.
If you have any questions or need some support with your application, we’d love to hear from you so contact our friendly team at email@example.com.