Analytical Scientist Training Coordinator
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we help biotech and pharma customers save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it.
People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
Due to business growth, we have an exciting new career opportunity at our site in Nottingham for an Analytical Training Coordinator. In this role you will develop and coordinate the provision of a variety of training for the combined Analytical Operations team and development of training programmes to enable full and robust training across the department.
You will collaborate with the Director of Analytical Development, Director of QC, Schedulers, Principal Scientists to ensure training is performed as required to enable sufficiently trained workforce to carry out scheduled production activities.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- To ensure by planning, scheduling, and checking, that there are sufficient staff trained to test Investigational Medicinal Products (IMPs) as part of batch release testing and formulation development testing,
- Provide induction training for new starters
- Maintenance of Training Matrix and Competency Evidence Matrix
- Provide personal development training. Coordinate with external providers where required.
- Keeping detailed and accurate records of all work undertaken, ensuring that all records are clear, concise and legible at all times to enable for full repetition and traceability
- Provide regular reports, including KPIs, to the Directors of Analytical on progress and effectiveness of training and training development
The successful candidate will have a Degree level qualification in a science subject and / or substantial work experience (GMP/GLP) in a similar type of pharmaceutical laboratory role. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about delivering and coordinating training material to new starters and peers.
Other skills and experience required:
- Able to present information with confidence and enthusiasm
- Understanding of learning theories and learning styles
- Ability to work independently and as an effective member of a multidisciplinary team
- Training qualification(s) desirable
- Good documentation practice
- Ability to multitask and work to tight deadlines
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK at the time of being offered employment.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training, and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.