Pharmaceutical Science Intern
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we help biotech and pharma customers save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
- Learns pharmaceutical development business via experiences within Pharmaceutical Sciences, including analytical labs and formulation development/manufacturing.
- Participates in observation and some hands-on involvement in analytical lab and formulation development experiments and tasks to better understand and prepare for potential career within pharmaceutical development field.
Main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Shadow analysts and formulators, observe various steps in reagent/sample preparation, formulation development experiments, instrument/equipment set up, Physical testing, data processes, documentation, manufacturing activities
- Observe training sessions
- Support lab/development area set up and organization
- Assemble data packets
- Meet with Pharm Sci managers, discuss activities observed/participated in and career options in pharmaceutical industry
- Assure that all work is performed in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines including FDA, EPA, OSHA and DEA, comply with all company and site policies and procedures
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor
- Conduct lab work as planned by the supervisor that involves development of pharmaceutical formulations such as tablets, capsules and liquids
- With the help of Lead Operator or Scientist learn pharmaceutical manufacturing of oral dosage forms using small to large scale equipment for development and process scale up and for clinical supplies
- Review and write master batch records with input from supervisor. Prepare executed batch record folders
- Comply with cGMPs, SOPs and Company policies
The job may involve the following:
- Having to juggle a range of tasks/issues simultaneously
- Working in a hazardous environment with high requirement to follow safety procedures
- Very high concentration of work
- Enrolled in bachelor’s degree program in, Pharmacy/Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biology, or similar Natural Sciences and/or Engineering, Chemical Engineering, …
- Read and interpret documents such as batch records, SOPs, policies, and safety rules, read and write business correspondence
- Basic knowledge of physicochemical concepts and theories
- Enter data into computer using software applications for data entry and word processing.
- Work and be proficient with e-mail systems
- Apply basic concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, proportions and significant figures to practical solutions.
- Work with basic statistical concepts such as average and standard deviation
- Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.
If you have any questions or need some support with your application, we’d love to hear from you so contact our friendly team at email@example.com.