GMP Maintenance Technician
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,300 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
Due to our continued growth and success a great opportunity has arisen for a GMP Maintenance Technician to join our Manufacturing team based in Reading.
You will contribute to the success of the business through effective maintenance of manufacturing process equipment and facilities to improve Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE). To minimize equipment downtime through quick intervention, fault finding and implementing corrective actions to improve machine availability and efficiency
Other main tasks and responsibilities include:
- To effectively support the management of GMP equipment and facilities corrective and planned maintenance, trouble shooting of machines, response to any machine breakdown/fault finding, liaise with external engineers, setting up and improving the engineering processes & continuous improvement initiatives.
- To perform and ensure that all GMP, and lab equipment is covered by PPM and reactive maintenance; and to ensure that any down time is minimised.
- To act as the first point of contact for staff to report faults/issues with equipment/facilities within GMP, and the labs; and perform and organise remedial work as appropriate.
- To ensure all contractors involved with GMP, and the labs are appropriately supervised and that any work performed is aligned with relevant working practices
- To assist with environmental monitoring (viable and non-viable) within GMP facilities. This may include evening/weekend call outs.
- To support other duties that support GMP, and Lab Operations as required.
- The ideal candidate will have completed an approved apprenticeship or have demonstratable experience in a maintenance field; electric-technical, mechanical, process, etc.
- Experience as a multi-skilled Maintenance Technician preferably with an electrical bias.
- Knowledge of fault-finding. Root cause analysys woykd also be advantageous
- Highly motivated and have a commitment to provide a high-quality maintenance service within a highly regulated industry.
- You will be confident in your abilities and be able to work well within a team.
- Continuous improvement mindset, supporting the generation of practical engineering solutions in a rapidly evolving pharmaceutical environment.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK upon being offered employment.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.
If you have any questions or need some support with your application, we’d love to hear from you so contact our friendly team at Quotient.