Director, Product Management
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we help biotech and pharma customers save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
The Director of Product Management is responsible for the oversight of Commercial Product Lifecycle Management.
- The Director of Product Management will serve as the primary point of contact for commercial customers. The Director will manage support new and existing products, all internal and external deliverables related to the product commercialization or on-going product lifecycle management.
- The Director will manage project transfer from early stage and ensure all internal steps are managed within the Philadelphia site by ensuring timelines and deliverables are tracked and communicated internally and to the customers.
Main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Applies management and leadership skills to align staff activities with departmental and site objectives.
- Sets business and technical priorities for the technical team.
- Works with Clinical and Commercial management teams for process oversight and transfer preparation.
- Manages professional technical teams capable of fulfilling the departmental objectives.
- Represents Technical Operations at the site leadership team.
- Executes functional business plans and contributes to the development of departmental and overall business strategies.
- Creates and approves new guidance, policies, and procedures to support process improvement.
- As needed, leverages relationships with clients and/or customers to support business needs.
- Adapts departmental and site plans and priorities to address resource and technical/operational challenges.
- Provides technical guidance to employees, colleagues and/or clients.
- Work with a cross functional organization consisting of Commercial Manufacturing, Quality, Control, Quality Assurance, Formulation Development, Facilities and Engineering team members, among others, to develop and maintain manufacturing processes that meet cGMP and business requirements.
- Lead Product Management team to support client needs, providing project updates, oversite, and point of contact for executing day-to-day Commercial Manufacturing deliverables
- Ensure Product Management team supports the Technical Operations’ technology transfer, scale-up, process validation, and process improvement projects by providing value-adding project management support.
- Assist with troubleshooting and effectively resolving problems. Develop and implement corrective actions to unplanned (atypical) manufacturing events to ensure a consistent and reliable supply and prevent recurrence.
- Ability to examine an issue from diverse perspectives (safety, compliance, equipment, process, and people) in order to best understand and resolve the root cause.
- Provide leadership on schedule priorities, and issue resolution to aid the team in accomplishing business objectives.
- Coordinate the work of the technical team to identify and implement technology-driven productivity and cost improvements.
- Directs the resolution of highly complex business or technical problems.
- Negotiates with and influences the opinions of others within the division and with clients, customers.
- Communicates information, asks questions and checks for understanding.
- Forecasts resource needs; manages allocated budget as applicable.
- Manages and interacts with employees within own department, across site and across the company.
- Frequent interaction with employees from other departments and sites.
- Interacts with representatives from regulatory agencies.
- Interacts with external suppliers and customers.
- Minimum B.S in Management, Pharmacy, Engineering, or related sciences plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in Tech transfer and Commercial Validation Process, Solid Dosage Manufacturing, Quality or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of the regulatory and cGMP regulations for pharmaceutical manufacturing operations, and validation procedures and practices.
- Demonstrated Project Management Organization leadership experience.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.
If you have any questions or need some support with your application, we’d love to hear from you so contact our friendly team at firstname.lastname@example.org.