Talent Acquisition Manager
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,300 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
We have an exciting career opportunity for a hands-on, driven, and motivated Talent Acquisition Manager to join Quotient Sciences People Function on a 12-month fixed term contract. This is an exciting opportunity to lead the UK talent acquisition function as the business continues to grow.
The People Function is a Global team working across the UK and the US. You will report to the Human Resources Director, having full ownership of senior and technical specialist roles, as well as line management and mentoring responsibilities of a Talent Resourcer, and a Talent Acquisition Partner.
You will act as the UK recruitment lead, managing a variety of recruitment activities for Nottingham, and Edinburgh sites, providing indirect oversight to Reading and Alnwick recruitment functions (Team of 2). Joining regular meetings, you will trouble shoot, explore new ideas, and ensure Quotient is set up for success with external recruitment suppliers.
This is a remote role with opportunities to visit either UK site if required.
The pharmaceutical recruitment market is buoyant, and competitive; therefore, the Talent Acquisition Manager will be required to consult with key leaders across various of areas of the business to ensure we are set up with the best talent attraction strategies and pipelines to keep up with the business growth.
Main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Lead and develop the UK internal recruitment team through mentoring, training, and ensuring the right hiring decisions are made for the business.
- Ensure recruitment processes, compliance, and reporting is upheld across the UK sites, delivering a consistent candidate, and hiring manager experience
- Partner with senior leaders across key departments in the business to, consult, and explore new ways of attracting and retaining talent.
- Implement talent acquisition/recruitment strategies and plans to attract high quality candidates
- Manage the talent acquisition/recruitment process from start to finish, ensuring roles are filled in line with business needs and timelines for senior and technical roles
- Undertake briefings from recruiting managers for senior and technical roles
- Collaborate with People Partners and Rewards when required to drive positive change
- Advise and decide on the most appropriate talent acquisition/recruitment solutions
- Source candidates using innovative approaches
- Build effective pipelines for hard to recruit for roles
- Support recruiting managers with interviews as and when required
- Create content and contribute to the development of the Careers Page of Quotient’s website
- Develop talent acquisition and resourcing strategies, plans and processes to strengthen Quotient’s EVP and employer brand
- Build strong relationship with Quotient’s ATS provider and explore and develop continuous improvements of the system
- Responsible for Monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting activities
The successful candidate will be a seasoned recruiter, with previous experience of managing or supervising a small team. You will be passionate about delivering a great candidate and hiring manager experience. You will be confident and knowledgeable, adding value to internal and external meetings with senior leaders and suppliers to identify key talent hotspots and determine appropriate sourcing and attraction strategies.
This is a hands-on role, which will require you to multi-task and flex from recruiting, sourcing, interviewing, managing, and partnering with the business, so excellent communication, attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task, and work to tight deadlines is key for this role.
You will be proficient in the use of Microsoft packages, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and have previous experience of using an ATS.
Other skills and experience required:
- Successful track record of managing the full talent acquisition/recruitment cycle at all levels in a growing company
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with success working at all levels of the business
- Experience of recruiting technical and specialist roles
- Experience of developing talent acquisition and resourcing processes
- Experience within the Clinical Research or the Pharmaceutical industry preferable
- Experience of implementing recruitment systems preferable
- Previous line management and training/mentoring experience
Desirable skills and experience, although not essential:
- Experience of psychometrics assessment tools
- Experience of managing innovative recruitment campaigns
- Previous experience of recruiting Nurses, Scientists, Doctors, Project Managers
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training, and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.