Modelling and Simulation Research Fellow
Modelling and Simulation Research Fellow
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
Reporting into the Director of Modelling and Simulation, the position of the M and S Research Fellow will Provide hands-on modelling and simulation (M&S) scientific support and input throughout the project lifecycle (design, planning, delivery and reporting) to ensure client’s study objectives are achieved. Use M&S scientific expertise and knowledge, in the context of Quotient’s business offerings, to support the acceptance and uptake of M&S in study programs with existing and new clients.
Main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Build and rigorously test PBPK models including performing parameter sensitivity analysis where appropriate
- Maintain up to date knowledge of WinNonlin Phoenix, GastroPlus and other relevant M&S data analysis packages.
- Utilise software tools to support M&S objectives within Quotient.
- Develop experience in M&S service offering.
- Assess IVIVC/IVIVR’s between in vitro dissolution data and plasma concentration time data using traditional numerical deconvolution methods and mechanistic absorption models.
- Interpret and present expert conclusions from M&S work to Quotient and client project teams throughout the project life-cycle.
- Produce high quality reports which clearly present and summarise M&S project findings.
- Critically review client data packages and prepare proposals for potential new M&S projects.
- Provide scientific support to Business Development (BD), Client Services and Scientific Consulting Group to effectively communicate Quotient’s M&S capabilities and offerings, to identify opportunities and develop these opportunities.
- Involvment in the production of materials for Marketing where applicable.
- Identification, preparation and presentation of peer reviewed publications, posters and presentations.
- Attendance at conferences and scientific meetings to support BD and Marketing.
- Review scientific literature for articles relevant to the business needs; circulate appropriately to improve company knowledge base.
- Training, mentoring and supporting existing and new members of staff, as required to provide scientific background information on biopharm, PK, M&S and DMPK.
- Involvement in initiatives, where appropriate, to add experience or improve efficiency/ quality of existing processes, analysis methodologies and scientific technologies.
- Support other areas of the organisation where required.
- Comply with Good Clinical Practice guidelines.
The job may involve the following:
- Very high concentration of work
- Strict and tight deadlines
- Having to juggle a range of tasks/issues simultaneously
- Occasional travel to clients in EU and worldwide
- Participation in global conferences
- Presenting at workshops, seminars and conferences
- Working outside normal working hours
- Needing to respond to client demands
The successful candidate:
- Educated to minimum degree level
- Significant experience in biopharm, PK data analysis, PK modelling, metabolism and/or clinical pharmacology
- Practical experience predicting human PK from preclinical data using e.g. physiologically based pharmacokinetic (PBPK) modelling or traditional “scaling” approaches, ideally in a preclinical/translational setting.
- Experience in the design and data interpretation of scientific studies to address key objectives
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.