IT Support Specialist
IT Support Specialist
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
The role of the IT Support Specialist is to provide support for IT systems, software, hardware and users, in support of the Quotient business and its customer/clients. To assist in the day-to-day administration of the IT helpdesk and any associated tasks. To work to assist with projects and develop IT initiatives for the business. Staff holding this role will provide helpdesk support as well as providing project related support.
- Assisting in meeting agreed SLA’s/KPI’s/Metrics for IT support services
- Support users and external clients as required
- Assist with the daily running of the IT department
- Provide ad-hoc out of hours support to cover for critical/ emergency IT issues
- Any other IT/facility based duties required by the business
- Follow through with users to ensure tickets raised are completed within SLA’s.
- Monitor and report on systems in line with daily requirements.
- Project related work to support roll out of new technology and systems
- Travel to other UK and sites as needed for the provision of local support and IT projects
The job will involve the following:
- High concentration of work leading to being able to prioritize demands both autonomously and with the wider IT team.
- Strict and tight deadlines.
- Having to multitask a range of tasks/issues simultaneously.
- Working in a hazardous environment with requirement to follow safety procedures
- Occasional working outside normal working hours.
- Respond to internal and external client demands.
Essential skills and experience required:
- >3 years of working in an IT/Helpdesk environment
- Proven knowledge of IT systems, software and support methods
- A-Level or above qualifications in IT (or relevant industry experience/training)
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Ability to prioritise workloads on a daily basis
- Experience of dealing with customers both in person and on the phone
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience of installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems
- Experience of ITIL Service Operations
- Office 365 and Active Directory administration or certification
- Microsoft Windows Server administration
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences business are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion. We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusions in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.