Senior Project Manager / Project Manager
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we help biotech and pharma customers save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
- Responsible for leading cross-functional teams responsible for delivering a portfolio of analytical development, product formulation development, clinical supply, and drug product manufacturing projects for a variety of customers, ensuring excellence of service with Customers across the projects as measured by KPIs
- Accountable for the day-to-day management and completion of allocated projects to the agreed standards of quality, to agreed timelines, and within cost budget
- To provide support and mentoring to project managers, project coordinators, and other supporting staff in the completion of allocated projects to the agreed standards of quality, to agreed timelines, and within cost budget
- To comply & adhere to Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards
Main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Oversee all aspects of complex project execution with minimal oversight
- Evaluate proposals and design project execution strategy and timelines
- Manage large or high-profile customers, as well as internal and external stakeholders
- Communicate critical changes in timelines to technical team members and management
- Host/chair customers meetings/teleconferences, take meeting minutes, and update technical teams accordingly based on meeting discussions
- Act as liaison between technical groups, business development, and customer teams to ensure proper execution of proposals in customer required timelines
- Manage project scope changes including timeline updates and costing
- Develop and maintain risk register, issue log, and KPI for active projects
- Monitor time, cost, and quality during project execution with budget responsibility
- Track metrics related to project execution and assist in the development and execution of process and performance improvement initiatives.
- Maintain knowledge of and compliance with the following regulations:
- All appropriate state and federal regulations and guidelines
- US FDA, European Health Authorities, Japanese Health Authority and other international authorities as needed
- Work with outside vendors as necessary to facilitate project timelines
- Oversee and maintain KPIs for an operational team to manage team performance
- Attend planning meetings to discuss risks and issues to ensure customer programs are managed effectively
- Ensure change order logs are maintained for the team
- Oversee revenue forecasting, invoicing and debtor management for the team
- Oversee scheduling of team portfolio with PM department head to ensure the efficient utilization of resources
- Act as Program Manager for studies requiring a program manager
- Ensure all PMs and project coordinators in the team are trained for the tasks they are completing and are working to the Quotient quality system
- Support the PMs in the team to lead the internal project team to ensure timely project communication and delivery throughout the life of the project for allocated projects
- Support the PM with lessons learned meetings as appropriate
The job may involve the following:
- Very high concentration of work
- Strict and tight deadlines
- Having to juggle a range of tasks/issues simultaneously
- Working in a hazardous environment with high requirement to follow safety procedures
- Working outside normal working hours
- Needing to respond to customer demands
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in science or engineering, or in a non-science area with relevant experience
- At least 4 years project management experience working in a clinical research, pharmaceutical development, or GMP manufacturing environment
- Ability to lead a multi-functional team
- Coaching, mentoring, and training experience
- Experience working in a contract development or contract manufacturing environment an advantage
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.
If you have any questions or need some support with your application, we’d love to hear from you so contact our friendly team at email@example.com.