Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
Quotient Sciences are expanding rapidly, with a clear commitment to drug substance development and manufacture and have recently announced a $8m investment in a new kilo lab facility which will be fully operational in 2022. We are currently recruiting for a Bioanalysts to join the Bioanalytical Services team. Reporting directly to the Bioanlytical Study Directors the successful candidate will validate, implement and perform bioanalysis in accordance with regulatory and company procedures.
Main tasks and responsibilities include:
- Application of mass spectrometry-based bioanalytical methodologies for preclinical and clinical analysis.
- Acquisition/recording data in a manner that complies with GxP and internal policies/procedures.
- Validation of bioanalytical methods and, where appropriate, providing resolution to technical problems.
- Performing assigned roles within Bioanalytical Services such as equipment responsible operator, training and equipment hardware/software validation.
- Perform ICP-MS, GC-MS and LC-MS bioanalytical assay validation.
- Analyse samples from preclinical and clinical studies by ICP-MS, GC-MS and LC-MS.
- Implement methodologies new to the team to support investigative studies.
- Ensure work is conducted in compliance with relevant regulatory requirements, internal policies/procedures and client requirements where appropriate.
- Work with due regard to health & safety of self and others.
- Working flexibly across the site to meet business needs.
The successful candidate will be:
- Educated to a minimum of BSc (Hons), or equivalent, in a relevant scientific discipline and be able to demonstrate the ability to critically assess data.
- Previous experience in the application of mass spectrometry-based bioanalytical methodologies in a pharmaceutical environment would be advantageous.
- You should be able to demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral, and must be self-motivated.
- A high level of personal integrity and commitment is essential, as is a flexible approach to new work challenges.
Other skills and and experience required:
- Experience in the application of ICP-MS, GC-MS and LC-MS bioanalysis and sample extraction methodologies.
- Must be able to review data and communicate key findings.
- Good written communication skills.
- Flexible approach to new work challenges.
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences business are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion. We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusions in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.