Accounts Payable Assistant
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
We have an urgent requirement for an Accounts Payable Assistant on a permanent basis. The Accounts Payable Assistant will work as part of a small and highly efficient team.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Manage the Accounts Payable workload
- Post Accounts Payable invoices/credit notes onto computerised accounting system (Access Dimensions)
- Reconcile supplier statements to Purchase Ledger accounts, and checking debit balance accounts
- Deal with Accounts Payable queries in a timely and accurate fashion
- Process staff expenses/credit card transactions through Concur software
- Ensure all Invoices / Credit notes / transactions are on system by close of period each month and assist with accruals list for the company
- Any other adhoc duties that fall within the scope of the role
The successful candidate will ideally have 1-2 years minimum experience working within an accounts department with a thorough understanding of how Accounts Payable works. Knowledge of accounting software packages (Access Accounting/Focalpoint) or scanning system (Readsoft) is an advantage, as is experience of SAP Concur and dealing in foreign currencies.
Other skills and experience required:
- Good Excel skills essential
- Ability to meet tight deadlines & also pay close attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work
- Accurate keyboard skills and knowledge of Microsoft Outlook
- Self-motivated and able to organise & manage your own workload within an extremely busy accounts department
This is an immediate requirement.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.