Group Leader (Quality Control)
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we help biotech and pharma customers save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
- Responsible for managing a group of projects and personnel in the Commercial Analytical team.
- To comply & adhere to Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards.
Main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Manage the group work schedule to ensure that all the activities are completed on time and monitor progress.
- Serve as Project Leader for assigned projects.
- Provide technical guidance related to all group project activities.
- Conduct testing as needed.
- Author, review, and approve reports, SOPs, and protocols as needed.
- Work Closely with Formulation Development, Manufacturing and Quality Assurance departments to meet all Client and Internal technical milestones.
- Demonstrate scientific, technical, and regulatory proficiency in the areas of Quality Control/Analytical testing of drug products.
- Demonstrate sound judgment, goal-oriented actions, and work in collaboration with others.
- Monitor performance and development plans for the group.
- Ensure training requirements are current in the group.
- Responsible for Quality of the work performed by the group.
- Support department LIRs, Deviations, CAPAs, Change Controls and SOP updates as needed.
- Assures that all work is performed in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines including FDA, EPA, OSHA, and DEA. Assures group complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
- Remains current in professional and industry trends.
- Establish an environment that fosters diversity and encourages teamwork.
- Is available for other duties as required or assigned.
- Requires B.S. in Chemistry, Pharmacy or equivalent with at least five (5) years of industrial pharmaceutical laboratory experience, or M.S. in Chemistry, Pharmacy or equivalent with at least three (3) years of industrial pharmaceutical laboratory experience, or Ph. D. in Chemistry, Pharmacy or equivalent with at least two (2) years of industrial pharmaceutical laboratory hand-on experience; or a minimum of a B.S in Chemistry, Pharmacy or equivalent plus two (2) years of industrial pharmaceutical laboratory supervisor experience.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.
If you have any questions or need some support with your application, we’d love to hear from you so contact our friendly team at firstname.lastname@example.org.