Clinical Laboratory Manager
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
- Overall responsibility for quality of laboratory processing for assigned studies
- To ensure study data is collected to a high quality in accordance with ICH-GCP, protocol and laboratory manual
- To ensure subject safety at all times
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provides leadership, encouragement, support, positive reinforcement and job enrichment opportunities to direct reports by undertaking regular 1:1’s; objective setting and regular team meetings
- Monitors laboratory KPIs
- Effectively manages assigned laboratory team to ensure smooth delivery of studies
- Completes resource allocations for laboratory sample labelling, processing, shipping, and inventory management tasks
- Works with Clinical Scheduling Manager to ensure coordination of entire clinical team to maximize operational efficiency
- Organizes and conducts training for both new and existing members of laboratory team
- Ensures all members of the laboratory team are fully trained and signed off in the relevant SOP/competency and protocols before working unsupervised or on a study
- Ensures routine lab set up and cleaning duties are performed on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Processes biological samples as per lab manual when required
- Attend all pre-study meetings, including SIVs and trainings
- Ensures sample shipments are organized and sent to clients as per the lab manual and study timeline
- Works in a safe and responsible manner at all times
- Trains lab staff and clinical operations teams in laboratory aspects and processes
- Monitors for proper study sample collection and sample storage
- Ensures adequate inventory of laboratory supplies for ongoing and upcoming studies
- Ensures laboratory staff are following good practices and relevant SOPs while processing samples to prevent or minimize errors
- Ensures SOPs for lab are reviewed timely and revised as needed along with associated forms and templates
- Follows change control procedures for any modifications or updates to laboratory equipment or space
- Ensures QC is being performed for all critical laboratory tasks
- Works with Data Entry team to resolve any queries/discrepancies found during lab tracking or monitoring visits
- Ensures Incident Report Forms are promptly completed in the event of a damaged sample, loss or spillage
- Ensures biohazardous materials are disposed of in the appropriate biohazard container and/or box, and that they are properly labelled and placed in the designated storage room for pickup by biohazardous waste transporter
- Serve as Lab Lead for assigned project team
- Minimum five years’ experience in laboratory procedures
- Education and/or equivalent experience in a science or laboratory related field
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must be able to handle and process blood samples, including the operation of laboratory centrifuges and the separation of plasma/ serum
- Experience in proper packaging and shipping procedures for lab specimens (IATA certification required)
- Working knowledge of State of Florida OSHA guidelines
- Capable of coordinating and planning staff duties to accomplish tasks
- Thorough in task completion - attention to detail
The job may involve the following:
- Very high concentration of work
- Strict and tight deadlines
- Having to juggle a range of tasks/issues simultaneously
- Working in a hazardous environment with high requirement to follow safety procedures
- Working outside normal working hours
- Needing to respond to client demands
In return you will receive a competitive salary, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.
If you have any questions or need some support with your application, we’d love to hear from you so contact our friendly team at email@example.com.