Environmental Services Technician (Per Diem)
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
- Provides support to site operations by cleaning interior spaces, assists with the care of volunteers by preparing/serving meals and facilitates incoming/outgoing volunteer activities as described in the tasks and responsibilities below.
- To ensure volunteer safety at all times including the following of social distancing practices and procedures as needed
- To comply & adhere to GCP guidelines and regulations as required of this role
Main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for keeping each floor unit clean and orderly, including nurses’ stations, sleeping rooms, dining areas, and recreational rooms.
- Cleans by moving furniture to assure all debris is collected and discarded after each discharge
- Responsible for cleaning all refrigerators, freezers, food storage areas, microwaves, and toasters and properly dispose of any trash in appropriate receptacles
- Responsible for cleaning all restrooms, showers, utility rooms, and offices on a daily basis. Stocking all areas with necessary supplies such as; kitchen utensils, toilet paper, liquid soap, paper towels, air deodorant spray, etc.
- Responsible for reviewing supplies on hand (i.e. paper towels, toilet paper, cleaning supplies, cups, paper goods, etc.) and notifying Administration on a timely basis to facilitate the ordering and replacement of supplies
- Responsible for mopping, vacuuming and dusting all floors on a daily basis
- Maintain elevator interior and exterior areas clean and free from debris
- Daily emptying of all wastepaper baskets, shredding machine debris and trash bins, and placement of an additional wastebasket or trash liner in each basket/bin
- Responsible for timely reporting of any cleaning equipment failure or plumbing malfunction to administration staff and/or handyman for repair or replacement
- Assists in the inspection of all baggage, personal items, purses, and plastic bags brought in by volunteers on day of admission; removes any items considered contraband (including food or candy), stores in a labelled plastic bag and completes a contraband form documenting any item(s) removed
- Prepares beds and linen for clinic admissions. Assists in collecting linens and moving luggage at time of discharge
- Maintains a log of linen items distributed to and collected from each volunteer upon arrival and departure from each floor unit discharge and obtain volunteer signature
- Remove used linen from volunteer beds, waste material and contaminated waste from unit areas using protective gloves
- Responsible for washing, drying and folding of bed linen and bath towels on an ongoing basis to assure sufficient supply is available for immediate use
- Performs janitorial functions at the Executive Office and Screening Office as needed
- Assists with meals per the following: receipt of meals from caterer; preparation and distribution of meals to volunteers; and documentation of meals provided
- Cleans food service areas after meals or as needed
- Familiar with OSHA compliance manual and industry standards for cleaning, laundry and trash disposal
- Assists with any other duties as assigned
- Required: High School, or GED (minimum).
- Required: Basic computer competency or skills (e.g. logging in, accessing browser, navigating web pages
- Preferred: Minimum of three (2) years’ experience in cleaning commercial buildings
- Must have a good understanding of regulatory and industry standards for sanitizing and disinfecting methods
- Required: Ability to work independently as well as with others in a team environment
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize job tasks for maximum efficiency
- Required: Ability to understand and follow instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively with all personnel and volunteers
- Ability to read English and communicate basic requests/responses in English/Spanish
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.
If you have any questions or need some support with your application, we’d love to hear from you so contact our friendly team at email@example.com.