Executive Director or VP, Global Continuous Process Improvement
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we help biotech and pharma customers save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
- The Exec. Dir./VP, Continuous Improvement reports to the SVP, Head of Early Dev. & LSCOM and is accountable/responsible for CI excellence across the business. This includes building and sustaining the CI roadmap annually, identifying and prioritizing critical business improvement needs, developing and monitoring key performance indicators, deploying new tools and processes that improve operations, delivering CI-specific training, and supporting culture change initiatives.
- This role will provide CI subject matter expertise, leadership, and support continuous improvement in the areas of lean deployment, Lean Six Sigma training, project definition and selection, DMAIC structured problem solving, change management and activities required to sustain a continuous improvement culture.
- This role is accountable/responsible for leading improvement projects and initiatives that drive simplification, business and regulatory compliance and sustainable process improvement. This role will be based on the PHL site, and includes leadership and participation across all Quotient sites, therefore will require periods of significant travel.
- The scope of the role covers the entire enterprise value stream, but the primary focus of the role will be CI of GMP and associated operations (with initial focus in PHL and RDG). This role will collaborate with Quotient’s executive leadership team (Finance, People & Quality in particular) and all site leadership teams to align on priorities and specific targets (i.e. safety, quality, delivery, cost & people). This is a highly collaborative and influencing role, and the role holder will frequently require support of cross-functional team members.
Main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Provide overall leadership and direction to site COrE steering committees and improvement teams. Participate in, facilitate, or lead improvement initiatives and projects with a multi-site, global or single site scope as required.
- Identify project priorities and goals aligned with business leadership' to ensure alignment on project benefits with local/senior finance partners and Site Heads
- Facilitate an operating cadence for reviewing local and cross-site improvement initiatives and evaluating their improvement achievement and financial impact (may include more than one forum to meet needs of all stakeholders from sites through to investors.)
- Plan and facilitate regular CSS Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, People (SQDCP) meetings with the sites in collaboration with Site Heads/cross-functional Site Leaders
- Work in partnership and / or in a supportive role enabling other functions to deliver business priorities and goals
- Perform deep dives, specific analysis, maturity assessments to support business critical issues and / or process improvement business cases
- Prepare standards, best practices and training materials as required
- Develop, organize, manage, and implement project plans
- Accurately gather, interpret, and summarize sufficient information and data to enable business decisions and improvement priority progress
- Where required provide on-site support for issue resolution or assisting the sites with continuous improvement tools and techniques.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Manufacturing Operations and Continuous Improvement roles in complex manufacturing environments; strongly prefer a technical and product background.
- Black Belt certification preferred, although training will be provided to the right candidate. Minimum of 3 years’ experience in continuous improvement with demonstrated expertise in the practical application experience of a wide number of tools and techniques
- Strong understanding of financial and business concepts.
- Experience working to regulatory standards: FDA, Good Manufacturing Procedures (GMP) and Good Documentation Procedures (GDP) preferred
- Degree preferred in an appropriate discipline (Scientific, Engineering, Business).
- Position primarily based at the Philadelphia location in the US and requires ability to travel up to 50% to global and domestic sites.
- Must have working knowledge of Pharmaceutical / Biotech industry and/or other regulated industry
- Working knowledge of DMAIC and project management methods
- Excellent change management and Lean Six Sigma knowledge
- Ability to influence and coach colleagues at all levels and external stakeholders/partners such as customers, Board members, Investors.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.
If you have any questions or need some support with your application, we’d love to hear from you so contact our friendly team at email@example.com.