Material Planning Manager
Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we help biotech and pharma customers save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
The Material Planning Manager is responsible for communicating with clients to understand project scope and orders supplies to meet client demands and deadlines.
Main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Plans what raw materials, excipients, supplies, etc. are needed based on the forecast from client orders for commercial and clinical trial manufacturing.
- Interacts with clients to understand the demand of their project
- Provides monthly updates to clients about inventory levels and status of materials
- Works cross-functionally with Warehouse Team to assist in receiving and shipping materials
- Assists Warehouse Team with investigating deviations and quality events
- Works with Warehouse Manager to keep warehouse compliance ready (CGMP)
- Performs audits and acts as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for client and agency visits
- Leads planning and execution meetings to better understand customer’s demands about their projects and effectively meet deadlines
Knowledge: The factual and procedural information required to perform the role
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business Management, or other related field of study is desirable
- Experience in the pharmaceutical, biologic, or medical device industry required (1-3 years)
- CDMO, CRO, CMO experience is preferred (1-3 years)
Skills: The effective use of knowledge and abilities in performance.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required
- Proficient knowledge of ERP/MRP Inventory Management Systems
- Basic mathematic skills including addition, subtraction, and measurements
- Knowledge of Emerson Syncade software a plus
Abilities: Innate traits or talents a person possesses
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong client relationships
- Ability to maintain a professional image as a representation of the company to clients
- Strong presenting, written, and oral communication skills
- Well-developed technological skills to use Inventory Management systems as well as manufacturing skills to assist in the warehouse
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.
If you have any questions or need some support with your application, we’d love to hear from you so contact our friendly team at firstname.lastname@example.org.