Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we help biotech and pharma customers save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
Due to business growth, we have an exciting career opportunity available for a Formulation Scientist at our site in Nottingham.
Quotient Sciences’ formulation teams have vast experience across an array of drug product formats for administration via; solid oral dosage forms, oral and nasal dosage forms, solubility-enhanced dosage forms, parenterals, gels, ointments and creams.
As a Formulation Scientist you will conduct formulation development work including pre-formulation and formulation characterisation whilst supporting development and validation of radiolabelling methods for clinical studies. You’ll transfer formulation and radiolabelling methods into GMP clinical manufacturing, with input on manufacturing protocols, validation criteria and other key parameters and write experimental protocol and reports.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Plan experiments and write protocols, according to an agreed work schedule
- Prepare and characterise formulations
- Work in a safe responsible manner at all times and towards the implementation of GLP and GMP
- Storage, use and disposal of Radioactive Isotopes in line with regulatory requirements and PP SOPs, to include liaising with Radiation Protection Supervisor (RPS) or nominated Deputy on any radiation protection issues that may arise.
- Keeping detailed and accurate records of all work undertaken.
- Accurate analysis and calculation of results, in line with written Protocol and /or SOPs of the company.
- Write internal and external reports as necessary.
- Communicate progress of in vitro and in vivo projects effectively to senior managers or Quotient staff as required
- Carry out routine cleaning and general laboratory maintenance duties, as required
- Be aware of the need for confidentiality outside the company
- Perform other duties as reasonably required
The successful candidate will have a degree level science qualification in pharmaceutical sciences or related discipline. Previous formulation development experience within the pharmaceutical industry is required for this role.
Other skills and experience required:
- GMP experience will be an advantage
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, whilst juggling a range of tasks simultaneously
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Knowledge on pediatric product development would be desirable
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.