Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
The EHS Manager is responsible for ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local environment, health and safety regulatory requirements and provides strategic leadership and oversight for EHS activities.
Main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Defines, maintains, and communicates core EHS program requirements and expectations
- Acts as the owner for site level key performance indicators and metrics
- Develops and maintains site action plans including annual EHS Plan in accordance with the Global EHS Strategy
- Maintains environmental, health and safety regulatory compliance
- Categorizes, designs, develops, and implements potent compound guidelines
- Holds responsibility for the development, implementation, and management of safety training for the site
- Acts as the primary point of contact with all outside agencies, including but not limited to OSHA, EPA/PADEP, DEA for EHS matters
- Conducts inspections in accordance with regulations and guidelines
- Performs risk assessments on new and existing processes, chemicals, compounds and equipment
- Ensures all activities within EHS are conducted in line with the necessary health & safety, legal, financial, quality, and regulatory compliance requirements, in accordance with company and external guidelines
- Ensures the site runs in a safe, clean, and environmentally sound manner in addition to maintaining detailed records for FDA, DEA, International GMP and Pharmacopeia and safety and environmental purposes
Knowledge: The factual and procedural information required to perform the role
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Safety Management, Occupational Health, or related field of study
- Experience in EHS work and practical applications of health and safety regulations (7+ years)
- Experience managing health and safety within a GxP environment including experience with highly potent APIs and PBLEC banding and control strategies
- In depth understanding of EHS compliance requirements including OSHA and EPA
- Certifications in EHS technical area preferred (CSP, ASP, CHMM, CIH)
- Supervisory experience (3+ years)
Skills: The effective use of knowledge and abilities in performance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required
- Ability to properly segregate chemicals in accordance with Hazardous Waste Management principles
- Able to work in a hazardous environment with a high requirement to follow safety procedures
- Coaching, mentoring, and training skills
- Competency with Tableau or other data analytic software
Abilities: Innate traits or talents a person possesses
- Strong leadership skills to guide change in workplace culture and lead organizational transformation
- Relationship building mindset with the ability to form strong connections to clients and colleagues
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong time management skills with the ability to ensure accurate and timely data reports
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand and analyze data
In return, you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training, and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast-paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.
If you have any questions or need some support with your application, we’d love to hear from you so contact our friendly team at email@example.com.