Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
- The Operations Coordinator is primarily responsible for monitoring and handling the daily non-medical operational activities for Quotient Sciences - Miami. This includes physical plant maintenance and repairs for the Research Center, the Screening Office, and the Business Office
- The Operations Coordinator is also responsible for coordinating equipment maintenance and ensuring repairs are completed in a timely manner
- To comply & adhere to GCP guidelines and regulations as required of this role
Main Tasks and Responsibilties
- Prepares weekly schedule for housekeeping and maintenance staff in accordance with company needs
- Assigns daily tasks to housekeeping and maintenance staff according to requirements of the operations
- Ensures that housekeeping and maintenance daily tasks have been completed as assigned
- Communicates any issues to the Manager promptly
- Guides housekeeping and maintenance staff in properly performing daily tasks
- Inspects all units on a daily basis, or more frequently if needed, and ensures each unit is clean, organized, and presentable. Things to monitor include: furniture, medical/non-medical equipment, appliances and nurses’ station
- Schedules all building and equipment maintenance visits as well as repairs. Follows-up and ensures that work is completed. Records and documents in writing all related communication and resolution on appropriate forms. Communicates status of such maintenance and repairs regularly to Administrator and appropriate department manager
- Maintains and updates inventory records for building equipment, non-medical equipment and food inventory
- Maintains and updates warranties or service contracts for building equipment, medical equipment, and non-medical equipment
- Maintains and updates pertinent logs for building equipment, medical equipment, and non-medical equipment
- Must be familiar with duties of Purchasing/Inventory Clerk, processes purchasing orders of meals and supplies for the clinic and screening facilities.
- Assists in obtaining competitive bids on equipment, supplies, food, services and building projects
- Maintains good communication and rapport with all vendors and internal departments
- Communicates effectively and regularly to Administrator on status of assigned duties
- Coordinates and sets up internal and external organizational events such as birthday celebrations, staff lunches, staff meetings, or meetings with visitors
- Maintains and updates all licenses, certificates, and permits related to the organization. Ensures that current licenses, certificates and permits are displayed properly and in a timely manner
- Assists with special projects as assigned by the Administrator
- Assists with community service projects as assigned
- Assists with major maintenance and remodeling projects as assigned
- Assist with the purchasing of study specific supplies or special equipment as assigned
- Assists with any other duties as assigned
- To provide senior administrative support to the leadership team and the business which includes:
- Arranging flights, hotels/accommodation and transportation as requested
- Credit card and expense management
- Booking meeting rooms for visitors and internal meetings when required
- Organizing lunches/drinks for visitors and meetings when required
- General administration support to leadership team and the business
- Associate Degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of five years progressive administrative assistant/secretarial work experience
- Computer literate, proficiency in Windows environment
- Ability to communicate effectively on a business/professional level
- Professional appearance, demeanor and phone manner
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Fluent in English and Spanish
The job may involve the following:
- Very high concentration of work
- Strict and tight deadlines
- Having to juggle a range of tasks/issues simultaneously
- Working in a hazardous environment with high requirement to follow safety procedures
- Working outside normal working hours
In return you will receive a competitive salary, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.
If you have any questions or need some support with your application, we’d love to hear from you so contact our friendly team at email@example.com.