Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,100 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing and clinical facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
- The Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist will work in conjunction with the Executive Director of EHS and the Site Director to maintain a culture of safety within the organization and assist in compliance with all federal, state and local health and safety regulations at the Miami site.
- The EHS Specialist will be familiar with regulatory standards such as OSHA, EPA and NFPA, as well as local environmental health and safety regulations (Department of Health, Department of Environmental Protection).
- To comply & adhere to GCP guidelines and regulations as required of this role.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Maintain EHS metrics and reporting for site, including internal monthly EHS reports and annual OSHA reporting.
- Support training and onboarding of individuals for fire safety, general workplace safety and accident/incident reporting including the development of relevant training materials.
- Perform incident investigations and assist in development and tracking of corrective action plans.
- Conduct hazard analysis and routine inspections including, but not limited to fire safety, general housekeeping, workspace and office ergonomics, means of egress, and walking and working surfaces.
- Recommend preventative/corrective action where EHS hazards exist. Escalate/report all safety concerns to Site Head and Executive Director of EHS.
- Actively participate in Crisis Management Team and coordinate building evacuation drills.
- Perform administrative duties including but not limited to general data entry and filing of training records, compliance documentation, and other EHS records.
- Chair the site safety committee including development of agenda, keeping minutes and tracking open actions.
- Develop, maintain and update as needed SOP’s for all safe work practices and utilize them in the day to day training on EH&S programs.
- Oversee Waste Management, including Biomedical Waste.
- Perform Industrial Hygiene sampling and write reports as necessary.
- Maintain Safety Data Sheets and review of new materials for hazards.
- Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and standard operating procedure manuals.
- Write routine reports and business correspondence and standard operating procedures manuals.
- Support Facilities and Clinical Operations.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of OSHA, EPA, NFPA, ANSI, ASHRAE, DOT and CDC regulations and guidelines.
- Knowledge of chemical concepts and theories.
- Familiarity with pharmaceutical process.
- Familiar with laboratory equipment.
- Completes regulatory and job training requirements.
- Computer skills: Enter data into computer using software applications for data entry and word processing. Work and be proficient with e-mail systems.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks while maintaining speed of work and attention to detail without loss to production.
- Ability to interact with laboratory and manufacturing personnel.
- Ability to perform under stress in cases of emergency, critical or hazardous situations.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Ability to work outside normal working hours
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) in Industrial Hygiene, Safety, Environmental Science or Engineering and two years’ experience supporting EHS activities. \
In return you will receive a competitive salary, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.
If you have any questions or need some support with your application, we’d love to hear from you so contact our friendly team at firstname.lastname@example.org.