Quotient Sciences is a drug development and manufacturing accelerator providing integrated programs and tailored services across the entire development pathway. Cutting through silos across a range of drug development capabilities, we save precious time and money in getting drugs to patients.
As a growing and successful business, we employ more than 1,300 talented individuals globally, located at state-of-the-art development, manufacturing, clinical and data science facilities in the UK and USA.
Science, Agility and Culture are the core components that define Quotient Sciences, enabling us to do what we do in the way that we do it. People join Quotient Sciences because we are a respected member of the drug development community, driven by an unswerving belief that ideas need to become solutions, and molecules need to become cures, fast. Because humanity needs solutions, fast.
For this role you will be working on-site and working from home.
Due to our continued expansion, we are currently recruiting a Proposals Coordinator to join our Client Services team. This team support new business opportunities for Quotient via the preparation of proposals and costings (“bids”), and the generation of revised budgets for changes to contracted scope, and the completion of requests for information (RFIs) from potential customers seeking to learn more about Quotient’s capabilities.
As a Proposals Coordinator, your primary role will be generation of budgets and proposals for new contracts across our range of services (bid writer). You will interact with senior staff in both the commercial and operational teams to ensure projects are scoped for success. Through this, you will gain an excellent understanding of drug development from the initial assessment of a drug substance through clinical testing and to commercial manufacture.
This is an ideal opportunity for a recent graduate with a strong interest in drug development to begin their career as a trainee within a growing and successful business, or for a candidate with relevant experience to take their next step in their career development. Full training will be provided to ensure a breadth of knowledge across the different services that the Client Services team support. The position involves significant interactions with all parts of the Quotient business, including our US sites.
You will comply & adhere to GXP guidelines and regulations as required of this role.
With training and support, you will take on the following responsibilities:
- Generation of budgets and proposals for new contracts
- Liaise with internal departments and subject matter experts to ensure accuracy in time, cost and scope for proposals
- Interact with customers during project scoping activities
- Attend bid defence meetings to justify both the design and the pricing
- Prepare change orders for signed projects
- Compile databases and reports to track departmental metrics
- Participation in departmental continual improvement initiatives
- Participation in company initiatives, such as Health & Safety Committee, Volunteer centricity and SMART.
The successful candidates must have a basic understanding of the process for development of new drug products plus a desire to gain a greater understanding and build a career in the pharmaceutical industry. Previous experience in a similar role would be an advantage but is not essential. Successful candidates without sufficient prior experience will be offered the trainee position.
A BSc degree in a Life Sciences subject, or equivalent is desirable. Alternatively, recent graduates with a business degree and evidence of a strong scientific background will be considered. This role will involve liaising with a range of stakeholders, so some previous work experience since graduating would be ideal.
We strongly encourage you to submit a cover letter, alongside your CV, clearly explaining your interest in this role and what you can bring to the Quotient team.
Other skills and experience required:
- Excellent communication skills and you must be very customer focused
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- You will have a logical and analytical approach and be able to work alone and as part of a team
- You will be enthusiastic and enjoy learning and developing new skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- You will be proficient with MS word, Excel and PowerPoint
- High attention to detail and demonstrate an aptitude for producing high quality work
- Flexibility around working hours and a commitment to “go the extra step” to meet the demands of our clients to their desired timescales is essential
This role presents a unique opportunity for someone to continue to help shape and grow our business – we look forward to hearing from you!
In return you will receive a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, excellent training and development, as well as an exciting career within a fast paced and dynamic business.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Quotient Sciences are advocates for positive change and conscious inclusion.
We strive to create a diverse Quotient family by remaining committed to the development of our culture, equality, mindset, diversity & inclusion in the workplace.
As a global employer, we recognise the value in having an organisation that is a true reflection and representation of our society today. All applicants welcome.